SIVA vs LEA

Do you want to declare war to some other alliance ? You even think of the possibility ? This is the proper thread. Take note that only wars posted here are valid for the bashing rule. It is allowed to post in the war thread while the war remains. Some flaming is allowed.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Re: SIVA vs LEA

Post by Despot »

Attacker Despot
Type B.ship Bomber Destroyer.
Number 1.000 100 100

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Fighter Solar Satellite.
Number 120 1.059 247

The attacking fleet fires for 3.625.000 on the defender. The defender shields absord 28.068 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 116.503 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 116.503 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 1.000 100 100

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Fighter Solar Satellite.
Number 20 168 31

The attacking fleet fires for 2.690.000 on the defender. The defender shields absord 5.225 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 14.750 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 14.750 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 999 99 100

Defender je5 [
Destroyed!
The attacker has won the battle !
You receive 332525 units of Metal, 163075 units of Crystal and 175828 units of Deuterium.
The attacker has lost a total of 135.000 units.
The defender has lost a total of 3.792.850 units.
A debris field containing 1.200.510 units of Metal and 1.156.200 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.
The probability of creating a moon is : 20 %

Report created in 0.000908851623535 seconds
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Attacker Despot
Number 600 100 200

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Fighter H. Fighter Solar Satellite.
Number 2 2 266 1.000

The attacking fleet fires for 2.580.000 on the defender. The defender shields absord 33.502 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 77.105 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 77.105 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 600 100 200

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Fighter H. Fighter Solar Satellite.
Number 1 1 78 281

The attacking fleet fires for 2.622.500 on the defender. The defender shields absord 10.683 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 27.747 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 27.747 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 600 100 200

Defender je5
Destroyed!
You receive 304887 units of Metal, 522556 units of Crystal and 134535 units of Deuterium.
The attacker has lost a total of 0 units.
The defender has lost a total of 3.889.000 units.
A debris field containing 1.630.800 units of Metal and 702.600 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.

Report created in 0.0011100769043 seconds

Despot

Post by Despot »

Attacker Despot
Number 1.000 100 100

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Cargo. L. Fighter H. Fighter Cruiser Solar Satellite. Ion Cannon
Number 5 6 14 194 74 1.242 12

The attacking fleet fires for 3.710.000 on the defender. The defender shields absord 61.752 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 145.292 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 145.292 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 1.000 100 100

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Cargo. L. Fighter H. Fighter Cruiser Solar Satellite.
Number 2 2 4 44 22 269

The attacking fleet fires for 3.640.000 on the defender. The defender shields absord 11.006 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 32.231 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 32.231 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 1.000 99 99

Defender je5
You receive 528088 units of Metal, 259211 units of Crystal and 21770 units of Deuterium.
The attacker has lost a total of 185.000 units.
The defender has lost a total of 5.755.100 units.
A debris field containing 2.424.360 units of Metal and 1.085.700 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.

Despot

Post by Despot »

Attacker Despot
Number 1.000 150 150

Defender je5
Type S. Cargo. L. Cargo. L. Fighter H. Fighter Cruiser B.ship Recycler Solar Satellite.
Number 3 9 2 22 21 77 4 64

The attacking fleet fires for 3.098.750 on the defender. The defender shields absord 39.645 points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for 154.479 against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb 154.479 points of damage.

Attacker Despot
Number 999 149 150

Defender je5
Destroyed!
You receive 64211 units of Metal, 288158 units of Crystal and 267772 units of Deuterium.
The attacker has lost a total of 135.000 units.
The defender has lost a total of 5.825.700 units.
A debris field containing 2.889.720 units of Metal and 686.700 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.
A moon has formed around the planet 3 !

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

This is still going on? Damn. I'd have recognized when I was beaten. Discretion is the better part of valour.

Despot

Post by Despot »

I guess that is just a symptom of the problem. Sportsmanship matters. About a year ago, I started playing a similar game. I was quite good, but nowhere near as good as the best. I did better than most, but couldn't touch some.

The day came when one of the top 10 players wiped out my defence, scrapped my fleet, but gave me a moon. I was gutted. I'd worked hard for that fleet. But I had lost a battle, fair and square, to a better opponent. There is no shame in that. I enjoy being beaten in a game. I analyse what my opponent did better than me. I add his tactical strengths to my own. I grow, and improve, with every defeat. One more mistake I won't repeat. I respect a better player.

So I sent him a PM. I said nice strike. This is my first game, what advice would you give me?

He wrote back, and gave me a few pointers. I still use them today. He probed me a few times, and I lost another fleet to him. And only one. He used a phalanx scan perfectly. He told me what he had done, because he remembered how I had treated him. He thought I deserved this. I went on to employ his tactic to great success. And will again, if I ever get a cursed rock to plant it on!

So now, if I attack someone, and they show a bit of sportsmanship, and can take a punch, I am likely to respect them, and help them to become a better opponent with a bit of advice. Those that really shape up end up by my side. It's a game. Play with dignity and you will do well. Respect your opponent, for it is their honour that gives you honour.

On the flipside, if I get pissy messages, and accusations of cheating, I get annoyed. I dislike poor sports. I started playing chess when I was 6, and got fed up of people flipping boards and sulking when they lose. One of the reasons I started playing computer games was because they do not sulk and refuse to play when you beat them. Except these days, the larger your save file (a result of success on most strategy games, more units to track) the more likely the PC is to crash - a situation I have named "Cybersulk."

All it would have taken for me to end this would have been a little dignity on their part. But no. Not happened. All I get is the same attitude.

I don't cheat. Without the rules there is no game. Victory through cheating is haunted, tainted. I don't want that. I don't need that. I have made a point of not spending any money, and will not do so until the end nears, if I still seem certain to qualify for a prize. I am here to make money, not to spend it. The reason I quit the similar game was because it lost the challenge. I have time on my hands, a wonderfully understanding partner, an evil looking lapcat, the basic skills required, and have my eyes on the money. I am a salesman. I am motivated by bonuses.

Anyway, rant over. That's Despot in a nuttershell (sic).

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

"If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War (Unsure as to which translation, I got it from a quick search, but I have read the Denma Translation.)

Anyways, my random quote that fits part of that rant perfectly. As for the rest. I don't have issues with lap cats. :P They prefer my bed to my lap.

Despot

Post by Despot »

"Know yourself and know your opponent, and victory is assured at every turn. Fail to know your enemy, and true victory is impossible. Fail to know yourself, and you shall face defeat in all things"

or you could go for the Romulan "If knowledge is power, then to be unknowable means to become invincible"

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Despot wrote:"Know yourself and know your opponent, and victory is assured at every turn. Fail to know your enemy, and true victory is impossible. Fail to know yourself, and you shall face defeat in all things"

or you could go for the Romulan "If knowledge is power, then to be unknowable means to become invincible"
Eh, that is a fair Art of War quote, though I prefer the Denma translation version. This is one of the few I know by heart after reading the book five times.

"Know one's self and know one's enemy, in one hundred battles no danger.
Know one's self and not know one's enemy, one victory for one loss.
Not know one's self and not know one's enemy, in every battle certain defeat."

Need to put that on my list of things to do...Re-read the Art of War three or four more times, finish reading Hans Von Luck's memoirs, finish reading War of the Worlds and re-read the Code of Bushido once or twice while I'm at it.

Despot

Post by Despot »

I use that version as it gets the message across to more people more fully. If I use other translations, I tend to sound like Hank Hill's Asian neighbour. Or Amy Wong's parents in Futurama.

Now where is my Buggalo?