Grand Legions of Terra Discussion Thread

You want to announce the creation of a new alliance or seek to recruit new members ? You seek an alliance to join? You have criticism for alliances or players ? Here is the place to do it. Some flaming allowed here.
divkeays

Re: Grand Legions of Terra Discussion Thread

Post by divkeays »

i know but then again if you haven't played any final fantasy in my opinion you don't know s*** about rpg's final fantasy was one of the first but now they're just running out of ideas also one of the main guys who was in square for the first game through to the ninth left at the tenth so thats how they started coming up with star wars rip offs and online final fantasy wich just doesn't come with the style of gaming and im not saying that mmorpg's are rubbish im just saying that the final fantasy series isn't cut out for it

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Some plot lines just aren't designed for multi players. I've been playing RPG's now since the very early 80's. I've played at least one of most major RPG or Strategy lines. I'm still the unchallenged reigning World Tunnels and Trolls Champion, following an impromptu championship at Dragonmeet '84.

Some of the earlier titles are still classics, as they broke new ground in the day. Dungeon Master in particular. 20 years on, and I still remember the feeling when I got my first Master level. Getting Elder Scrolls : Arena and installing all 23 3.5" disks.

The Might and Magic series was pretty good too.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Hmmm. I've played many MMOs and RPGs....personally, the absolutely most disappointing one was SW: Galaxies....you have to pay to play it....and NO ONE IS EVER FREAKING ON! I played it for four months and across three servers I only ever saw two people using bots and six people talking. It was sooooo lame. I tried talking to everyone I found too and they just ignored me. Never paying for a game like that crap again.

Overall though, I did enjoy some of the Final Fantasy games...mostly FFVII. That was my first RPG and I'm playing it through a third time now. xP FFX was way too short in my opinion...I beat in less than a month....I prefer games that hold my attention for quite a while or have unlockables n' such to hold my attention longer. Like the Dynasty Warriors: Gundam games which have held my attention for a good 3-4 months months now. I thought the first one had alot to unlock, then I played the second and was impressed. Though it's just hack and slash with awful dialogue(Example: "I'm a junk dealer, this kind of battle just means I'll be laughing all the way to the bank!"), it's a load of fun xD Especially if you play cooperatively. Or in my case, play cooperatively with mah girlfriend only to have her achieve a higher kill rate than me. xD Though I do take down more ace pilots than she does. So it evens it up abit. ;P

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

final fantasy 7 is highly overrated ik bet it in three days and maxed my stats in 4
12 was err well that one was the rip off of star wars exact same story a princess,an empire,a resistance and balthier who reminds me of han solo
9 was amazing quick but fun the ending by far the best off all final fantasies
8 wow umm no comment
13 is basically ff7 all over again 14 is ff11 the online crap
1,2,3,4,5 and 6 i haven't played i cant find the games anywhere well except ebay but from previous experience they aren't in as good condition as they would have you believe
i dont really have opinion on the rest sorry

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

FFX was too short and I refuse acknowledge FFX-2 because it was a crime against humanity.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

it was a dedication to the lady fans of final fantasy and 10 started it so ten is to be blamed for anything you have against x-2

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

It may have been dedicated to the lady fans, but it was still lame. xD To be fair though, it had a fairly unique system.
Also, c'mon?! FFX was too short...I beat it in three weeks and that was being lazy afterschool...My step-dad owned it for almost a year and I rushed through it and beat it before him. xD

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

wolfprophet wrote:FFX was too short and I refuse acknowledge FFX-2 because it was a crime against humanity.

FFX is the best game ALIVE!!! :o

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

I never said it wasn't a good game :P I just said it was too easy to rush through. Even with the Cloister Of Trials you had to go through like every ten minutes. -Cough.-

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

wolfprophet wrote:I never said it wasn't a good game :P I just said it was too easy to rush through. Even with the Cloister Of Trials you had to go through like every ten minutes. -Cough.-
you mean the temple thingys

i aint played it since i was about 12 :lol: but they were hard back then
BLITZBALL RULES ! :D