Yet another new Alliance

You want to announce the creation of a new alliance or seek to recruit new members ? You seek an alliance to join? You have criticism for alliances or players ? Here is the place to do it. Some flaming allowed here.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Re: Yet another new Alliance

Post by Despot »

Actually the parallels between Liam / Div and Killer are quite interesting. They have both improved substantially since I took them under my wing.

Heinlein was one of my favourite sci fi authors. I loved the book of Starship Troopers. The film was such a huge disappointment as it missed the entire point of the story. And did you notice that Space : Above and Beyond stole the Chig armour from the original cover?

And by the way, true strength does not threaten. True strength warns, and then acts. There is no need to rattle sabres.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

@Xoriat. Still doesn't chance the fact that Liam's been messing with me since I new here and I'm getting sick of it.

@Divkeays. Irrelevant. I can take on whole alliances as well. Also, I did state before that Liam is an okay guy, he just needs to lay off the threatening everyone. It's very annoying very quickly.

@Despot. Nope. Didn't notice that about the armour. And if you think the first movie was a disappointment, watch the other two. The second I admit was not bad for a 7million dollar budget, the first in terms of special effects is still one of the most amazing movies of the century. Also, the Morita rifles they made as props can fire live ammo since they're just modified Ruger mini-14 rifles and a Remington 12 gauge shotguns in a plastic clamshell. Though....that third movie was worse than a Sci-fi channel original movie and the series was actually surprising good. It followed more through the war, but never told us an outcome for it (I assume humanity actually lost, but who knows?) but it was still very different story wise from the movie and novel. There was an old PC game from 1999 called Terran Ascendancy that followed the novel up to a degree, then they sort of wrote their own story past that all the way up to the end of the war, which involved killing the main queen during a second invasion of Klendathu (This time very successful, but just as bloody as the failed Operation Bughouse, minus the enormous loss of ships from a combination of pilot error and anti-aircraft fire.)

xoriat

Post by xoriat »

Despot wrote:Actually the parallels between Liam / Div and Killer are quite interesting. They have both improved substantially since I took them under my wing.

Heinlein was one of my favourite sci fi authors. I loved the book of Starship Troopers. The film was such a huge disappointment as it missed the entire point of the story. And did you notice that Space : Above and Beyond stole the Chig armour from the original cover?

And by the way, true strength does not threaten. True strength warns, and then acts. There is no need to rattle sabres.
Very interesting Despot. I seem to find that true strength is portrayed in several different ways. I know your not a religous man from what i have gathered, but im going to use the christian reformed god as a example here, because the variety that this god provides.. This god is all powerful, yet not only does he rattle the cages of some people when he needs to. He also is a downright destroyer in other parts. And still in other parts of the bible he is a forgiving when in all rights he should lay waste to human kind.

From what i understand true strength is true strength, it can be portrayed many different ways. Its just the emotion that it is set in that most people define it as because most likely they either fear that emotion the most, respect it the most, or understand it the best.
Ya i'm an American, and im proud of it!

xoriat

Post by xoriat »

[quote="wolfprophet"]@Xoriat. Still doesn't chance the fact that Liam's been messing with me since I new here and I'm getting sick of it./quote]

I do not deny that this may very well be the case, we all have our own pet peeves, yours most likely is a wannabe bully/smart azz

Mine is someone who chooses to be a beggar, even though they could change that with a little work themselves.
Ya i'm an American, and im proud of it!

Rictavius
Location: The Seychelles Island , a unique place on this planet

Post by Rictavius »

im still to boost the numbers in my alliance , can u like swing sum chumps i mean compatriots in my direction
If man only sees its pure potential, we could dominate the Galaxy

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

You're absolutely right. I am far too spiritual to follow any religion. I'm glad you picked that example, as Jahweh is the classic example of threats through strength. "You have free will, but fail to do as I say and you will burn for eternity." This is your proof that this strength does not exist (largely as the character is fictional), otherwise there would be no need for the threat in the first place.

Take this game as an example. The only people that have attaked me so far are those that I am working with on moonshots. I have never said that I would take any kind of action against someone attempting to raid me (although I have never said I would not, either) and yet, the mere fact of my strength is enough to ensure that I have survived half the game without a single raid, with no need of threat. Sure I have declared wars. These have not been to defend myself or other members, but to encourage courtesy and respect between players.

Rictavius, I think I have sent people your way in the past. I tend to direct rejected applicants towards those alliances that seem to need the members, and have vaguely friendly relations with us.

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

wofly wofly wofly
u just dont have a single brain cell do ya
seriously dude i hardly play the game anymore for personal reasons but when i reyurn with my brand spanking death stars we will see who can not follow through with threats ..... every person i said im going to attack i have done apart from 1 but as you can all see i have a planet right beside him so that will soon change maybe if you stayed out of my way and maybe ignored the small comments i say like most people you wouldnt be under threat

mass respect to xoriat

nowadays i aint so angry at snide comments from " douchebags " than i would have been a few weeks back so wolf please just stfu your time will come

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

wolfprophet wrote:
Liam_Jay wrote:well i might just declare war on your "new alliance"
Try it. I'm way ahead of you Liam. My fleet is bigger, my defenses are tougher, my research is more advanced and I can produce more resources and ships per day than you can.
and actually just as i scroll through the leaderboards
u have 4000 Lf and over 16,000 Sats and 1000 hf thats how u got more fleet points than me so ha if our fleets were to go head on i no who i would put my money on 8-)
thank you ladies and gentlemen goodnight

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

haha o_O i just got an :idea:

Despot

Post by Despot »

Well done. You must be sooooo proud.

Anyone noticed these initials - Yet another new alliance - Yana? Perhaps The Master is hiding here....

OK, in-joke for you whovians......