The United Nations

You want to announce the creation of a new alliance or seek to recruit new members ? You seek an alliance to join? You have criticism for alliances or players ? Here is the place to do it. Some flaming allowed here.
wolfprophet

Re: The United Nations

Post by wolfprophet »

Despot wrote:Yup, especially when stored in a humvee next to an assault rifle. All for use in hunting. Perfect for taking down squadrons of deer in armoured vehicles.....
I think it's pointless for people to own civilian model humvees....Assault rifles can be useful though. Our government is corrupt and lets face it, American citizens are going to have to fix it some how >_> On another note, throughout history it's been the unarmed citizenry that was slaughtered in mass by it's own government. It was the armed citizenry that fell one by one.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

My personal stance is that private individuals should be limited to the weaponary needed to defend themselves from their environment, when the others that share their environment have the same limitation. Other than that, arms should only be borne by those trained and tasked with defending the people, whether that be from an internal threat or external. Armed Forces loyalty pledges should be to the people, rather than any individual or nominal state that allegedly represents their interests. It is down to the leadership of the Armed Forces to take an honourable stance when in the hands of unworthy leaders, and to empower the people to replace them, should that be their will.

No-one without a uniform should need a firearm, unless you are in the habit of killing your own meals.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

That is an excellent standpoint. Though, the people who wear uniforms take loyalty pledges to the body politic and that it unlikely to chance. This is why events like March 5th, 1770 can be allowed to transpire. Or worse, the holocaust and numerous new age genocides committed by governments and soldiers acting under orders by those governments. And unfortunately, all of the true leaders of the U.S. armed forces are gone now. Replaced with 'Yes Men' like General David Petraeus.

*Edit : Your remark regarding environment....I live in a lower crime area, but the neighbouring city is less than mile away and has one of the highest crime rates in my state. Our house has been broken into four times and one of our neighbours has had his house surrounded by Bosnian gang bangers twice. First time was fairly amusing though, they blockaded our street, then the police blockaded the blockade two hours later. But before that my mother went out on the front porch with a Scottish claymore and told them to get off our lawn. xD They all had baseball bats, crowbars and golf clubs. Yes. There was 4 of them on our lawn. But did that make them want to be belligerent? No. Why? My mother can be very very very scary.
Last edited by wolfprophet on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Heh, just noticed the day you joined. Apt. :)

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Despot wrote:Heh, just noticed the day you joined. Apt. :)
XD I know. Ironic huh? Even more amusing I set my birthday as Fawkes day.

Despot

Post by Despot »

I nearly split my sides over the SMLE. At first I misread it as smile, which is often the greatest weapon of the British Empire. Usually employed over tea and scones while you sign away your land, wealth, and grandmother too. But you have some lovely beads in return. And a bottle of whisky. So we are all happy. Except granny.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Despot wrote:I nearly split my sides over the SMLE. At first I misread it as smile, which is often the greatest weapon of the British Empire. Usually employed over tea and scones while you sign away your land, wealth, and grandmother too. But you have some lovely beads in return. And a bottle of whisky. So we are all happy. Except granny.
Roflmao. Well, since I took down the link you're speaking of, I'll put it back up so people don't read this and think you're completely nuts :P http://www.arthurshall.com/x_2007_manly_firearms.shtml
And for the record. Mein current firearm is no.9 on the list. though I disagree with the author on the issue of recoil. Do agree about the safety though. Keeping it unloaded it easier. Although it fails to mention that Simo Häyhä was not only Finland's greatest sniper, but the greatest sniper to grace the planet Earth and he never used a scope to achieve any of his kills against the Russian Army. He felt scopes could reflect light off the lens and give away his position too easily. It also allowed him to stay closer to the ground. A very effective trick I hope never to have to use in my life time, but it may be inevitable.