I have been given the oppertunity to serve you.

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
Crutch

I have been given the oppertunity to serve you.

Post by Crutch »

I have recently been given the privilege and honor of severing you. By being granted the honor of being a moderator here, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, and share ideas.

First off, I want all of you to know that this is a privilege granted to me, and so it is something that can be taken away if I am not doing my job up to the standards of those who granted it to me. This game has come under new leadership last month, and personally I am excited to see such proactive measures to grow and expand this game and community. So as a moderator my goal and focus is to fairly enforce the rules, and to promote an atmosphere that will not only make this a more comfortable environment for vets, but also for new people.

My goal is to remain impartial and to stay fair. That means, if my friends are breaking a rule, my Integrity obligates that I still enforce it. This is a warning to them as much as an assurance to all of you. With that said, I believe in respect and reasonable warnings. However, certain behaviors will NOT be tolerated. The rules are clear and while I try to be patient, I do expect you to follow them.

I want to know what you think. What do you want from me as your new moderator? How can I more effectively provide an environment that is both impartial, and fair?

If you have any thoughts or concerns, I would like to hear them.

Crutch

Kamdot

Re: I have been given the oppertunity to serve you.

Post by Kamdot »

Congrats Crutch, as my new moderator, I want a moderate amount of moderating to keep the mode of play modern not meek, or mellow. You can effectively provide an environment that is both impartial, and fair by maybe creating levels of universal political positions. Maybe create 9-10 courts, each court would have 3 judges, the judges for the courts has to reside inside their galaxy to be a judge. These would be considered local level judge seats, and there would be 30 seats to fill. Then you could have something like 9 Supreme Judge Seats that are for appeal cases from the local levels, and finally an Imperial President and Vice President. The Imperial roles of both of these elected officials would be to serve to sign or veto laws/agreements by and between say alliances that may have initiated say a treaty between each other to trade by way of farming a particular alliance members planet in return for something both alliances agree upon. The risk in an agreement like this however is that if the Imperials fail to post in a forum an agreement making the public aware of the agreement, a rogue player/pirate not affiliated with anyone could recycle anything left behind. However an agreement posted publicly warns everyone to not recycle unless apart of the alliances in agreement, otherwise a law would be broken subjecting the law breaker to stand trial and be judged.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

Crutch

Post by Crutch »

How about I keep people from cussing each other to the point of it becoming personal and I also Impartially enforce the rules? :mrgreen:

Gator

Post by Gator »

Kamdot, your thoughts are good, that just isn't practical. Crutch, congratulations, please stay active and don't become lackadaisical with your new job.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

Congrats We Needed An Active Mod And Now We Have One

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

Just to expand a bit on my last post, we could use the forums to set up those seats i mentioned. I was simply looking to open up the forum part of the game more. I wasn't really looking to revamp the entire game. It would be sort of a fictional game play using the forums is all. Thanks for the replies. See you in space!

cpu

Post by cpu »

Kamdot wrote:See you in space!
I like this line, feels like forum is our port/harbour after doing job as emperor in serios.
:)

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

Exactly my point. The forum is our ground where we all come together, where laws are made, debated, and trials held by the players to simply add flavor and not really have a huge impact in the actual function of space. However as judges we can hope that when a law is made by judges that they are upheld by players. For example, say one alliance is being attacked, the leader of the defending alliance talks with the leader of the attacking alliance and they both decide to halt fire. A court of law can record this, and if say a rogue member decides to attack, well he can be booted form the alliance, he can also be taken to court to account for his actions, etc. It's simply flavor. It creates a story line and history of our universe.

Even the fact that we are having this conversation can be looked at as maybe a historical event sometime in the future when other space cadets reflect on what, and why laws are as they are in the future, by what us, the founding cadets have created now.

To create a chamber to hold trials is as easy as adding a new topic within the board index of this forum. To me, this section we are typing and talking in now called, 'General Discussion', is the same as you and I standing on a corner of a street having a secret meeting. So be careful of what you say, there may be spies around who may not like what we are talking about.

Crutch

Post by Crutch »

While I am on the forums often, I tend to not post much.

I hope that isn't a problem. I am more of the silent observer.

More interested in what you guys have to say.

But I will remember your advice. Thanks guys.

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

Your Here To Help , Make sure Stuff isn't posted in the wrong place , & To Make Sure nothing get out of hand. if your doing that then there is no problems . Good Luck