Fleet Destinations

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
Gator

Fleet Destinations

Post by Gator »

I have a suggestion, I just don't know how possible it is... We should be able to change the destination (other than recall) of our fleet in mid flight for certain types of missions like "deploy" or "transport" or "ACS defend". I do not think it would be right to be able to change an attack mission for the obvious reason that it would allow sneak attacks. Also, in a real military mission you are loaded with the appropriate weapons and gear specifically for that mission, diverting to another would jeopardize the personnel.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Ryurik

Re: Fleet Destinations

Post by Ryurik »

Gator wrote:I have a suggestion, I just don't know how possible it is... We should be able to change the destination (other than recall) of our fleet in mid flight for certain types of missions like "deploy" or "transport" or "ACS defend". I do not think it would be right to be able to change an attack mission for the obvious reason that it would allow sneak attacks. Also, in a real military mission you are loaded with the appropriate weapons and gear specifically for that mission, diverting to another would jeopardize the personnel.
Has merit! :)
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

unit43

Post by unit43 »

Deut cooooooooost :P

Gator

Post by Gator »

Also, we should be able to split our fleet and divert a portion of our ships to another destination while the remaining ships continue on. What if we could recall only certain ships while the remaining fleet continues on?

I would like to say that I enjoy the game as it is, with that being said, I also think that a few tweaks could help.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Gator

Post by Gator »

Furthermore, multitask a fleet; give orders for your fleet to deploy to a planet, pick up certain amount of resources, continue to another planet, pick up more, continue to a third and drop off all the resources, then return back to where you want your fleet docked at.

Sorry about double posting

Pravus

Post by Pravus »

Yeah this does sound like a good idea. Maybe we will see it, or something like it, in the future.