Browser based forever?

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
Curious_1

Browser based forever?

Post by Curious_1 »

Are there any plans to move BFS beyond browser based?
I ask because I know that even Eve Online which is very graphics based now started very small and simple like this.

Has there been any talk that I missed of this? Or even of some kind of graphical interface at all so that you can see your ships, etc?

unit43

Re: Browser based forever?

Post by unit43 »

I sure hope not, I wont be playing if it switches.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Yeah...it's pretty nice like this. Alot of graphically advanced games are kinda overrated.

GaelicWarrior

Post by GaelicWarrior »

i wouldnt play this if they did if i wanted to play a game like eve online id play eve online....

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

yeah this kind of game is less maintenance...

Curious_1

Post by Curious_1 »

GaelicWarrior wrote:i wouldnt play this if they did if i wanted to play a game like eve online id play eve online....
I'm not suggesting that they clone eve online, I already play that and it wouldn't make much sense to play a clone of it ;)

I do think however it would be nice if they kept the base of the game as it is now, but changed the galaxy view at least so that planets change as you build them up, you can see fleets attacking, transport ships moving, etc.

There are plenty of browser based games that have at least some graphics besides just static pictures.
Even without it this game is still better than the far majority of them.
I just think that with a little bit more added onto the core of this game would blow all the competition out of the water.
I would even be willing to put up with advertisement banners to help pay for changes and make the game better.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Hmm.. I think the consensus is that the game is fine the way it is. Browser based. Sometimes it's good to keep with a low-tech game...it's the simpler things that are sometimes more fun. Hell, this game has held my attention more than most graphical games have and frankly, thats good enough for me.

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

i agree... plus the low demands on bandwidth and actual playing time are very attractive.

unit43

Post by unit43 »

Simple is better, especially for us that have an internet that charges per MB or w/e. There are plenty of other games like this with better graphics but i like serios because it has a smaller player base.

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Curious_1 wrote:
GaelicWarrior wrote:i wouldnt play this if they did if i wanted to play a game like eve online id play eve online....
I'm not suggesting that they clone eve online, I already play that and it wouldn't make much sense to play a clone of it ;)

I do think however it would be nice if they kept the base of the game as it is now, but changed the galaxy view at least so that planets change as you build them up, you can see fleets attacking, transport ships moving, etc.

There are plenty of browser based games that have at least some graphics besides just static pictures.
Even without it this game is still better than the far majority of them.
I just think that with a little bit more added onto the core of this game would blow all the competition out of the water.
I would even be willing to put up with advertisement banners to help pay for changes and make the game better.
Half the fun of this game is useing your imagination! Think about it...how many times have you been seconds away from an attack..either as attacker or defender, and visualised what was going on! All the emotions..and in reality..just looking at numbers. If it's not broke..don't fix it!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!