Suggestion: New Trade Rules

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
unit43

Suggestion: New Trade Rules

Post by unit43 »

I know that I'm new here and all but I know how games like these work. Once players get more points they find themselves in need of resources they don't have. In other games (exactly like this) trading is a whole style of playing and is how some people play the game. Therefore I move to establish new trade rules that allow players to trade resources (through cargo or perhaps a trade building?) at a set rate predetermined by the game operators in accordance with user demands for each resource, I really think that this will let players become more diversified and strengthen ties between alliance members and just players in general. Please tell me what you think and maybe the admins will implement it... ;)

Curious_1

Re: Suggestion: New Trade Rules

Post by Curious_1 »

I think it's a great idea but I can already tell you that some people will reply with:

The game is fine just the way it is, they shouldn't change anything.

Thumbs up from me though :)
I would even go as far as suggesting that they allow us to pillage those trade routes, and even station a fleet on another players base if we have a trade route with them, to protect it from pillage.
Last edited by Curious_1 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unit43

Post by unit43 »

There Is ACS depot and ACS defend, but in this other game I play you just agree to a trade at a certain ratio and send them it with transports. Much like you send hourly production now, but we could trade crystal for metal or w/e...

mickylove1

Post by mickylove1 »

i think it will be a good thing it will give the game a new edge

unit43

Post by unit43 »

Ya, Im setting myself up for the trader style, but don't want to buy rubies to do it. If I can trade to players my deuterium will become valuable XD

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

The main problem with any suggestion of play where you can get something without paying rubies ..is that the "game " is running at a loss...Serios needs players to buy to keep the whole thing going..I really can't see them agreeing to a situation where you can by-pass obtaining rubies to do it!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Curious_1

Post by Curious_1 »

A different buisiness model could be used as well. Other games use advertising banners on their websites just as one example. (which would probably make them more money than selling rubies anyway)

They could also replace resource trading on the rubie list with something else, maybe even something better, or offer a better rate of trade when rubies and npc traders are used, compared to when you're trading player to player. They could even stop rewarding the top players with RL money, I'm sure you would have one or two people complain about it but I'm also sure I'm not the only one who isn't here playing to try to win money. I'm sure there are alot of us who are here because the game is actually cool and would still be playing long after they got rid of cash prizes.

I can't speak for anyone else but I would rather they keep that money, find multiple, new, better ways to make money through the game, (i.e. better things to buy with rubies? or a free/upgraded account service where maybe you are allowed to own more bases or something? just random examples ) And use all that revenue to add more features to the game so it can grow and become something even greater than it is now.

To hold back on the growth of something that could potentially become much greater, instead of adapting a business model to work around a growing and changing game, would be shooting yourself in the foot financially, and creatively.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, and if you can skin a cat and still have everyone smiling afterwards all the better. :lol:

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

So long as the cat is happy too! ;)
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

unit43

Post by unit43 »

Really want this to be changed so *bump*

republician

Post by republician »

i like it there should be trading and im with you 100% all the way on that my friend