Noob protection? Too much at this stage?

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
Istalris

Noob protection? Too much at this stage?

Post by Istalris »

It has come to my attention, that just like the game i am from, this place too has x5 /5 points protection until the 10k mark.

Now, looking at the player count on the server, it seems a little too much at this stage in the game and can really stunt peoples growth. I imagine you guys that are already in the higher rankings have very little to choose from in terms of targets. I have been playing the game for just under 48 hours and have already outgrown almost any other new player within raiding range. I have about two potential targets within a couple hundred systems. (I guess that's what i get for not shooting for colony ships straight off the mark).

Still though, what are your thoughts on this? Too much at this stage? Or not?

-Istalris-
When someone asks me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes.

phil

Re: Noob protection? Too much at this stage?

Post by phil »

A big yes , I had the same problem 2 days ago Ista before I catch up with the (s) that were next to me ... I nearly bashed the few targets I had just to have the minimum res I needed to grow normally ... Now they are (n) :(
I totally agree ...

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

id say not obviously there will be people advancing ALOT faster than other BUT
we are all advanciong towards 10k pretty fast and then when we reach 10k you can attack any1

astroninja1

Post by astroninja1 »

its not anyone. its anyone over 10k that you can attack. everyone always seems to misread protection rules.

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

astroninja1 wrote:its not anyone. its anyone over 10k that you can attack. everyone always seems to misread protection rules.

wtf

if your over 10 k you can attack up 1/5 your points OR any1 over 10k

astroninja1

Post by astroninja1 »

oh yeah, thought i mentioned that

EDIT: my meaning was that you had worded it in a misleading way