Expedition results improvement - low effort to implement

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Expedition results improvement - low effort to implement

Post by Despot »

As mentioned in the help thread, it would be cool if the expedition results which are basically "You saw pretty lights, but found nothing else" included some pictures. Anything would be nice to make it a bit more fun, even if there are no in game benefits. The more fun we make the game, the better the player retention. More players=more ruby sales and referrals.

We could have a random generator included in the mission results that attach images from the Hubble 'scope or something. Would be pretty.......more ships could equal more pretty pictures to look at. Nice :D
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Cheshire Cat

Re: Expedition results improvement - low effort to implement

Post by Cheshire Cat »

This would actually be cool... also theres ALOT of in game beneficial things i can think of that could be gotten... like...

"You discover an ancient alien probe, which has radically different sensor technologies. After study you are able to incorporate some of these into your existing probes. Your espionage technology is increased 1 level".

and wierd bad stuff too... like

"Your expedition encounters a race of catlike beings. They invite the crew over for dinner... communication lost with expedition...".
,,,^o.o^,,,

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

There's no reason why not. Or your fleet could become infected with an alien virus which infects your galactic research database upon it's return, removing all reference to one level of tech.

In other versions of this, you can even find the equivalent of a ruby if you are very, very lucky. And the more rubies you get to use, the more used to using them you get, until you end up spending cash.

Caedous

Post by Caedous »

That actually does sound like a good idea...I for one haven't been spending any money on expedition tech as I think its a wast of time if ur not a high enough lvl...I would however lvl it up if there were gonna be some pretty pictures of Hubble on there...I'm like obsessed with space and the universe so I spend a lot of time looking up images of Hubble...Anyways sounds like a good idea...Any idea when this might be implemented?
"Marines..... They're the best of the best, but they're only human" -Halo CE Manual

Despot

Post by Despot »

To be honest, I doubt that it will be. It's just a suggestion, rather than a planned improvement.

I would guess we are all interested in space, otherwise the odds of us playing a sci-fi game would be fairly low :ugeek:

Caedous

Post by Caedous »

I guess but me I'm like obsessed with it...last count I had 50 books relating to space, untold number of posters on it in my room and I've chosen to do a Bachelor Of Science in Physics when I go to Uni...I really am obssesed with it lol
"Marines..... They're the best of the best, but they're only human" -Halo CE Manual

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Wow... your like nuts man... I'm just a NORMAL cat that likes to PWN people on online games whilst my owners are sleeping.
,,,^o.o^,,,

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Cheshire Cat wrote:Wow... your like nuts man... I'm just a NORMAL cat that likes to PWN people on online games whilst my owners are sleeping.
Oh the Irony of that statement. Me thinks the kitty cat is far too into being a kitty cat sometimes. :P

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

Cheshire Cat wrote:Wow... your like nuts man... I'm just a NORMAL cat that likes to PWN people on online games whilst my owners are sleeping.
i'm not just your owner ... im your father

Despot

Post by Despot »

Too much catnip. 8-)