Are Defenses Useless???

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
darkshape

Are Defenses Useless???

Post by darkshape »

Yea I see Battle for Serios ripped off another game (even when it comes to images) but that doesnt matter.
I have experiance playing this game (call it B, o'g, bf or what ever you want) but I see there are slight differences ...
In my experiance I know that playing in defense is hopeless (since you cant upgrade the defense units and for other reasons)

Sooo I wanna ask the players here ... are defenses really useless in mid/high game stages or the good folks from BfS decided to put some balance in the game? Coz the problem when playing offensive is the fact that you have to be online most of the time to protect you fleet and keep it in flight ... and I dont want that

divkeays

Re: Are Defenses Useless???

Post by divkeays »

if you were smart and experienced as you say then you'd know that defences are never useless every ship and turret counts defences are just easier to destroy but also you get a percentage of them back when they are destroyed.
and yes this game has copied other games like it but they games in turn have probably copied another game
og as far as i know was the first
do not post other games names in the forums you can only use the initials

KingWill

Post by KingWill »

I get what he's saying though. For a small portion of the cost of making all the defenses a player could make ICP's and completely blow all those defenses away.
WTF mate. . . I ain't a red coat!

http://s7.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=122728

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

icps ? ipm don't you mean in this it's interplanitary not intercontinental also thats why you get abms thats the whole point in them anti-ballistic-missiles you can even build 5 more abms than ipms every level of the silo abms are defensive ipm are offensive like fleets are offensive and defences are exactly what they say defensive
if anyone is stupid enough to build defences and risk them getting wiped out without a fight then they deserve it it'll teach them a lesson

KingWill

Post by KingWill »

lol. intercontinental. . . . they almost could reach another planet. haha. murdered that

but really. sure 1 v 1 it's relatively easy to defend your defense with abms.

but 3 v 3 the ipms come from all the attacking planets towards one defensive planet and blow away the defenses of it and all the other abms on the two other defensive planets just get to sit and watch. It's more like a 3 v 1
WTF mate. . . I ain't a red coat!

http://s7.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=122728

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

darkshape wrote:Yea I see Battle for Serios ripped off another game (even when it comes to images) but that doesnt matter.
I have experiance playing this game (call it B, o'g, bf or what ever you want) but I see there are slight differences ...
In my experiance I know that playing in defense is hopeless (since you cant upgrade the defense units and for other reasons)

Sooo I wanna ask the players here ... are defenses really useless in mid/high game stages or the good folks from BfS decided to put some balance in the game? Coz the problem when playing offensive is the fact that you have to be online most of the time to protect you fleet and keep it in flight ... and I dont want that

Ripped off? XD Dude...there are AT LEAST 4 games like this out there...EXACTLY like this. They're not ripped off. It's called being licensed :P And this is one of the better ones because...well...it has us? And we're all cool. :P And you'll be cool too if you stick with us XD

Also, to answer your question....Defenses here are useful depending on what you put up and how many. 10 Rocket turrets will not protect you from 5 cruisers, but a single Plasma turret might(Okay, WILL) blow those same 5 cruisers out of the proverbial water and then some.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

The way things are set up now, defences are more useful than in most versions of this. Without rapid fire, lower level defences are much tougher for fleets than they should be. Defences will deter most attackers, but if you have enough stock or a large enough fleet sitting around, a determined attacker will remove them before hitting you. The amounts of deuterium required and the investment in nano / ship yards to build missiles quickly enough to refill the silo to continue hitting you means that most players will not bother.

The only true defence is to make sure you are not worth hitting.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

yes but the higher you get the worthier you are

RavinPagan

Post by RavinPagan »

true
"Upon my Oath I'm not a lying man"

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Very....altogether we spent how man IPMs on 1stturbo? I know I launched about 210 before I ran out of Deut stocks to build moar missiles xD