Suggestion: Buildings, Researches & Ships

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
divkeays

Re: Suggestion: Buildings, Researches & Ships

Post by divkeays »

haha well you know still he's wrong and you all know it we humans could make a robot with unlimited intelligence and learning capabilities thats what everyone is trying to do right now lol
pilot idea = rubbish paying more for ships that frankly aren't worth it a couple of battleships & battlecruisers would beat half of them and the other half well they're ridiculous anyways

Aldara

Post by Aldara »

divkeays wrote:haha well you know still he's wrong and you all know it we humans could make a robot with unlimited intelligence and learning capabilities thats what everyone is trying to do right now lol
pilot idea = rubbish paying more for ships that frankly aren't worth it a couple of battleships & battlecruisers would beat half of them and the other half well they're ridiculous anyways
Excuse me, what's wrong to another person is right to another person. I would appreciate if you don't call my idea rubbish just because you don't like it. Who do you think you are?

The original idea are better, I think I'll just change back. It's not like admin will accept it or right away use it. You give your opinions, you can argue anything. BUT YOU CAN'T TELL PEOPLE THEIR IDEA ARE RUBBISH.

Thank you.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

lol but you can it's just a matter of wether or not the person who i said it to can take it and understand that that is my opinion you obviously can't

Aldara

Post by Aldara »

divkeays wrote:lol but you can it's just a matter of wether or not the person who i said it to can take it and understand that that is my opinion you obviously can't
Giving opinion isn't like that. Learn some manners. Do you know what it means calling an idea a rubbish?

Ridiculous is still ok, rubbish? What would you feel if I call your opinion as rubbish?

Anyway, I'm just generating ideas. So I'm not going to argue with you further.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

i don't feel insulted in any way by you calling my opinion rubbish
and i was giving my opinion by saying your ideas are rubbish clearly only i forgot to mention the i think part my bad well anyways

i think your ideas are rubbish thats my opinion
when you get to my level of playing then you'll understand why i don't want that

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Aldara wrote:
divkeays wrote: A pilot needs time to train, it's a human
how do you know it's a human it could be a robot or just a normal ship
Robot and human, which is smarter? Hyperspace fighters in my idea, are designed for elite pilots whose skills surpassed a robot / computer, and can make a much more smarter decision.
If a decision is needed and a robot is in a completely new situation where it's not programmed for, then it's bye bye. A human however is smarter, and these pilots are trained for quick responds.

This is my idea, so I'm making it a human pilot. I know it's a human cause I created this idea. Sounds to me like you want to make God-like fleet at faster time. For rich empire, this is a piece of cake.
How are we gonna play this game if a rich empire can build at extremely fast speed?
They could be God of War in no time...
Many of the "Rich Empires" are already gods of war and fighters in this game can already travel on their own.... Whats the point of having a third kind of fighter? Also, it would make more sense to have a Naval academy that trains crew/pilots in the same manner as a mine gathers resources. ^_^
It would also make sense to be able to issue an order to direct firepower towards crew destruction, that way raiding missions could take on another possible purpose. A person could end up with the resources for ships, but not manpower.

In fact, there was a PC game that used a similar idea. Pacific Storm. It worked out well. Under those circumstances with a game like this you could also add Bio and chem weapons into the IPM arsenals, or maybe build an IPM and have the ability to swap warheads depending on what you plan to use it for.

Also, for the record....Machines are only as smart as the people who program them want them to be....and many scientists intentionally program their machines to be vastly more capable than them to assist them. So, it would also make sense for AI upgrades to systems like Hyperspace travel/FTL systems, Fire Control/Weapon fire trajectory, Missile Guidance, etc. to increase firepower and fuel efficiencies when traveling long distances.
AI systems(In my opinion mind you) will most likely never replace the human being though since combat is a dangerous thing with a large number of variables that can't be accounted for. So your idea for making it an elite human is a good, sound idea, but the idea of more specialized types of ships is pointless in a game with no graphics. >_>;

*Edit. I would be in favour of renaming the ship classes more appropriately though.
Cruisers= Destroyers
Battleships= Cruisers
Destroyers= Battleships
Bombers= Heavy Cruisers/Missile Cruisers(Or something else. They're supposed to be big friggin ships. Not the little thing it shows in the game's picture.)

Aldara

Post by Aldara »

Well, the idea of elite pilot must be match up in something. They need a type of fighter for them if they're elite. What I mean is a high performance fighter for them.

Ok, how about the foundation then? It's something like a space academy with the role of battle station in a battle.

I guess I just wanna make some logic. Such as light fighter:
Unless you make it a "light fighter drone" then it would be only robot or AI.
But if you make it light fighter, there's a pilot in there. How can a person travel in deep space alone in a fighter, with no life support replenish?
That's why there's carriers in my idea.

But I admit, there's some crazy ships in my idea, such as space station. A foundation is already taking the role.

Also I suggest to change resource system. Such as, the level of metal mine and crystal mine serve to expand the mine so more people can work there. And for the workers, it's recruited from the civilian. And for the civilian number to grow on it's own and can be speed up with genetic engineering in research. It makes more logic. Sometimes a game need logic to be interesting.

Some from galactic imperia, if combined with the current serious system, it will be much more interesting.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Well...I do like your ideas....but they're already used in other games...so the way I'd have to see it now is....if you want those ideas...then play the other games that already have them. ^_^; This game is pretty balanced...It may not seem like it because right now it's social structure is not only small but has divided into two main groups...Siva and....er...Everyone else.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Us and Them
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me, and you
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »