suggestion

Discuss here anything relevant to the game.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Re: suggestion

Post by Despot »

Sounds good. There is no problem with naming non-online games here, as they are not competing with BFS for customers. My all time favourite is probably still Birth of Federation, with Master of Orion coming a fairly close second. Galactic Civ is OK, though fairly limited in scope.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

try age of war it's a simple game but it's so feckin awesome

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Despot wrote:Sounds good. There is no problem with naming non-online games here, as they are not competing with BFS for customers. My all time favourite is probably still Birth of Federation, with Master of Orion coming a fairly close second. Galactic Civ is OK, though fairly limited in scope.
Ah, really? Sword of the Stars. My favourite fleet RTS ever. It combines RTS elements with turn based empire building.
It's been out a while, but damn is it good. The damage elements of it are pretty nice. If you ever play it, I love using mass drivers against destroyers. The bursting effect throws them all over the place, then the missiles and other munitions finish them off. Direct hits with canisters from the mass drivers though can destroy the more lightly armoured ships in single hits too. xD Although, the game I was mentioning that sounded like what Fadel was talking about is a game competing with BFS for customers. In fact, I have both BFS and that game up in my browser and am switching between them every few minutes. Lol.

Killerbuck

Post by Killerbuck »

some of them games sound fun to play
Starbattle.org

Better than SERIOS

Join use my referal link posted in general chat. Under Last post wins!!

Then join my alliance there!

Thanks

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

I tend to prefer turn based strategies. Being owned by 3 cats means that it is far easier to play TB rather than RT. Having my Loki camp on the kb while playing games tends to be far too inconvenient otherwise.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

i gotta suggestion
wouldn't it be good if we could intercept moving fleets (with the use of phalanx of course) that way we could protect the people we don't want to attack a destroy the fleet before they get resources :D and the debris would be sent to the persons homeworld or it could just disappear :mrgreen:
thank you liam for making me think of this

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

divkeays wrote:i gotta suggestion
wouldn't it be good if we could intercept moving fleets (with the use of phalanx of course) that way we could protect the people we don't want to attack a destroy the fleet before they get resources :D and the debris would be sent to the persons homeworld or it could just disappear :mrgreen:
thank you liam for making me think of this
huuhh what when how huhh

Despot

Post by Despot »

You can do that. If you notice activity on a planet, you can phalanx it. If the activity was a probe, which is being followed up on by an attack, with a bit of luck you will have time to ACS defend a fleet to them, assuming that they are an alliance member and that they have a depot in place. It would be cool if you got notice of movements through your systems, so you could mug them on the way back through ;)

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Mmm. Not as fun though. In the game I mentioned you can intercept fleets in deep space. Though in that game, sometimes it's more tactically viable to reinforce the planet before it's going to be attacked so you can use the extra firepower from orbital defenses to maximize destruction of the enemy force. :P