[Resolved] lanx bug

Bugs & Typos are part of the game. Please report here any bugs or typos you find. Players found abusing bugs will have their accounts terminated.
Homo_astro

[Resolved] lanx bug

Post by Homo_astro »

Univ 1

I popped this guys moon. After that, I got a lanx report saying the fleet was deploying to a:bcd:e and arriving at Oct 3 21:45. Since he was deploying from the moon and there was no moon anymore he should not have been able to recall, yes? I timed my attack to 1s after but the defending fleet was not there when my ships hit. Then I got this lanx report. I have a couple of questions

1. How is it possible for a fleet to arrive before the lanx report time (as this report indicates)?

2. How is it possible to do a mission to and from the same planet (as this report indicates)?

Phalanx report on [a:bcd:e]
Operation Costs 5000 units of Deuterium.
Operation time 03 Oct 2012 21:55:39

Detected Fleet Movement
03 Oct 2012 21:28:57 A (Fleet) From the planet [ a: bcd: e] reaches the planet [a: bcd: e]. It's mission Deploy
03 Oct 2012 22:55:31 A (Fleet) from the planet [a: bcd: e] back on the planet [a: bcd: e]. Its mission: Deploy

serios
Site Admin

Re: [Resolved] lanx bug

Post by serios »

This has to do with the way that missions are controlled. 1 second difference is not enough for a 100% hit. His fleet arrived after yours.

While this is rare, and 1 second difference will be kept, it may happen some times. Try 2 seconds difference to be sure. After all it is positive that even a 3 seconds difference hit is nearly impossible to avoid.

The reason this happens is that it seems to be on a different second but it may be not and there is no controlled priority for mission that fall on same second. There is still a priority order though as this is a machine running a program and it runs it in the same way every time. This priority order is not something I am aware and it is left for you to discover.

Homo_astro

Re: [Resolved] lanx bug

Post by Homo_astro »

Ok that is an interesting and necessary thing to know about mission priority.

But about the lanx report. Am I misinterpreting it? I lanxed at 21:55 and got a report saying the fleet was arriving at 21:28 - a time before the lanx.

As well, it indicated that the fleet was travelling to and from the same planet. Remember, this was not immediately after the moon pop. I already did a previous lanx and launched an attack based on it and presumably the defenders fleet must have arrived back and he sent it out again, and then I got that report. It just don't know what to make of that report.

EDIT: With a little experimentation I figured out why and how it is possible for a lanx report to indicate an earlier arrival time than the time of the lanx itself. I have to say the wording of the lanx report is very misleading though and gives you no clue as to what is going on. So no bug but misleading wording.