Raiding

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Raiding

Post by Despot »

How exactly is the amount of resources taken calculated? I keep getting fleets returning with lots of empty space. In similar games, you can take up to half the targets resources, however that does not seem to be the case. The amount looted seems to vary between around 10% and 35%.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Re: Raiding

Post by Despot »

Actually, looking at it, it appears I am filling about half of my cargo space.

Crashster

Post by Crashster »

I've noticed that as well. Maybe it only grabs a random percentage? Not sure.

It makes it difficult to tell what to send though...
How do you know my language??

Despot

Post by Despot »

I think I have it. It looks like you can take up to 1/2 of each resource on hand, up to a maximum of 1/3 your cargo space. That seems to work with my current raids.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

maybe the deuterium to get there and back costs quite a lot so its taking up a third of your cargo doubtful but possible ;)

Ubermensch

Post by Ubermensch »

i think i almost figured this out...
amount you can take is
cargo space/3 of each type of resources up to 66% of what they have (i think, i've not got anything to verify the numbers for how much of theirs you can take :()

Malbordeus

Post by Malbordeus »

theres a maximum amount you can take based on the defenders stock, i think i remember reading elsewhere, it is also based on how many times you've raided the same place each day. something like 1/3 their stockpile on the first, 1/4 on the second, 1/5 on the third etc.

i think it was soemthing like that anyway :?

Despot

Post by Despot »

Sort of. Each raid can take up to half of the resources on hand if you have enough cargo space. So if you take the maximum on 3 raids for example, you would take 87.5% of their resources, being 50%, 50 % of the remainder (ie 25%) and 50% of the remainder from that (12.5%)

Malbordeus

Post by Malbordeus »

my math really sucks :oops:

Despot

Post by Despot »

I was lucky, I had a lot of data to analyse to allow me to spot the pattern -

Raids : 1.211
Wins : 1.196
Losses : 15

And the losses were all actually draws by the way........we need a seperate tally for draws, this make me look bad. 1% failure would not be acceptable.