What exactly does a IRN do?

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Hoss

What exactly does a IRN do?

Post by Hoss »

Topic pretty much says it all. What does the Intergalactic Research Network do?

NoobNeedsHelp

Re: What exactly does a IRN do?

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

each level of research lab decreases time it takes to do a research, using the IRN you use 2 labs on different planets(maybe say 10 and 13) and you get the research done with all the time decreases you'd get from both labs on 1 research
HELP!

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thank you. Does it require me to have the materials needed for the research at both planets?

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

lmao good question...it says you'll need to be able to research it at both planets so I'm not actually sure(I've only been playing 5 days)
HELP!

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I'm asuming that it means you have to have a high enough research center on diffrent planets. But im 1 level from having one so I will post just in case any one else was wondering.

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

IRN links the highest level research labs together to make researches faster. If you have level 5 IRN and if you have 5 level 15 research labs then they will be integrated to perform the same research. And the research can be done in any one planet which has a level 15 research lab.

Note: Level 15 was an example. It means high level research lab. Level could be anything more than 10.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

thanks i understand it now

evillittleweirdguy

Post by evillittleweirdguy »

nice.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

The resources are spent on the planet that you start the research on. The additional planets do not have to have resources. The resources are spent on the planet the reseach is started on, at the time you start it. Also note. As research lab levels increase, they do NOT give the same research production per level, as it is also the same with other buildings. 2 level 15 labs linked on an IRN is not the same as 1 level 30 lab. You can find lab output by clicking on the lab building icon, seeing what production you get at that level on the starting planet, then adding up the output on other planets, starting from the highest lab level and going down. In other words, as example, if you have IRN level 4, and you started research on a planet with 10 labs, you also have planets wih 15, 14, 14, 12, 12, 11 labs, you add the total output of the starting planet (you started it there), and add in the output of the 15, the 14, and the other 14. the 12's and the 11 will do nothing as they cannot be linked in till your IRN is higher. Yes, the level 10 is lower than the 11, but since research was started there, it has to be a part of the network, so your best off starting the research on one of your highest level planets (that has the materials available).
,,,^o.o^,,,

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

makes you wonder why you can't upgrade a lab on a planet that isn't doing a research...

I don't have IRN yet, but if I'm researching on 1 planet my labs on all planets are frozen and can't level...there should either be an option to do research in all of them or allow labs on other planets to be built when not being used :evil:
HELP!