Launching Ships

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
ThorgScarGard

Launching Ships

Post by ThorgScarGard »

Ok i am a noob

I have built up my planet and i can build ships, Espionage ships, Heavy Fighter, Small Cargo Ships
NOW how do i send them on a mission. Should i be able to launch my Espionage Ship
to scout planets and scout other players in my system, i would think.

ps. I have no friends or alliances ... cheers Roger

*Edit '..i can build ships..' should have read i have built these ships
the problem remains
NOW how do i send them on a mission.(to the next uninhabited world for example)
--Answer--
*Edit - The answer is some ship types can not be sent on missions to particular destinations.
In my case, Espionage ships can NOT be sent to scout uncolonized worlds. Use a colony ship that will be consumed.
Last edited by ThorgScarGard on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

shaddam_v

Re: Launching Ships

Post by shaddam_v »

well rogers, launching ships is quite easilly lol. u first build them. and as u said you first let an espionage ship scout a few planets for you. when the reports come in, you know if your able to attack it without too much losses or not.

if u can attack it, then go to that system. hold your mouse over the planet, the planet symbol, and it will give you a few options from espionage, attack, acs defend and deploy*

simply click on attack, and your able to send the number if each ship you want, click continue, continue, bla bla bla and in the end the fleet is send lol.

now click on any menu like overview, and it will give you a heads up of how long it takes for the fleet to reach its destination.

* = only counts for your own bases.

ThorgScarGard

Post by ThorgScarGard »

Edit '..i can build ships..' should have read i have built these ships
the problem remains
NOW how do i send them on a mission.(to the next uninhabited world for example)

--just posted this to be sure someone notices the edit--
and thnx shaddam

unit43

Post by unit43 »

If you want to send them to one of your colonies select the ships and input your colony coords, deploy to stay on colony, transport to.. you guessed it, transport resources to it and come back. To attack or transport to someone else then select the ships, input coords and select attack to attack them and steal their resources or crash their ships, select attack. For recyclers to recycle select recycle. To destroy a moon with RIPs select destroy. If you can understand that then I hope some mysterious force helps you when you reach 10k.

ThorgScarGard

Post by ThorgScarGard »

I would like to send my Espionage ship out to check out the other uninhabited planets for future Colonization.

Ok i can get into the fleet window and i select 1 of my 2 Espionage Ships
Continue..Select Target planet (the next one over) choose Planet
Continue..select Espionage
Continue..
.Error Action Impossible
retry with different combinations and get
.Error Action Impossible

PsychoBunny

Post by PsychoBunny »

The only way you can colonise new planets is by building a colony ship and sending it to an empty planet slot

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

You cannot espionage empty planet slots. The only mission that can be performed on empty slots is colonisation.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

unit43

Post by unit43 »

That would be epic though lol, Id have all planets 500+ :lol:

ThorgScarGard

Post by ThorgScarGard »

what if i don,t want to colonize that planet ... lol
rrrrrrr Stupid Games
can i send my colony ship there and if it is NOT suitable go to the next world ??

Roger
and thnx for the help

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

No, sorry. The only way to find out what planet is waiting for you in an empty slot is to go ahead and colonise it. If you don't like the colony, you can delete it by going to the overview on the new colony using the drop down colony list menu, clicking on the planet name where it appears above your fleet movements list, and selecting the abandon colony option.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.