Energy and Metal/Crystal/Deut Ratios

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
n00bster

Energy and Metal/Crystal/Deut Ratios

Post by n00bster »

Okay, so I've been playing this game a while longer now and I notice that deut consumes tremendous amounts of energy. I read previously that there's more deut in colder planets and farther away from the sun (10-15 slots). I'm running into the problem on some of my colonies that the deut is just consuming so much of my energy, and people on the boards have recommended to NOT build solar satellites because they'll get blown away.

I'm leaning towards just building tons of metal and crystal mines and raiding all my neighbors for their deut. That way, I get way more crystal/metal bang for my energy buck and deut isn't sitting there throwing me 1 unit of it every day (okay, slight exaggeration).

So..
- have any of you tried this method?
- what are your ratios in terms of energy? do you just 100% all three and build tons of plants or is there a reason to upgrade a mine and then scale back to 80% (isn't that counterproductive)?

Thanks, guys!

Curious_1

Re: Energy and Metal/Crystal/Deut Ratios

Post by Curious_1 »

I don't claim to be an expert but from what I have learned so far your best bet seems to be to build up your metal and crystal mines first. (obviously while keeping your power out of the red)

Most of your buildings are going to require crystal and metal ( usually more metal than crystal) to build so it should be your focus in the beginning, deut is used for some buildings, some research, and for fuel for your fleets, (which you don't want to build until later on) so deut can be the last one you build up but you will need to build your own deut synthesizers because you will need more than you will get from raiding.

From my small ammount of experience raiding neighbors I have noticed that you get mostly metal, followed by a smaller ammount of crystal, followed by an even smaller ammount of deut, so don't plan on relying on raiding for all of your deut requirements.

If I am wrong about this please someone correct me because I would like to know. :D
Hope this helps until someone with more experience can give you a better explanation.

Edit: Also from what I understand deut (and possibly crystal too although I'm not positive) Does accumulate faster on colder planets, (I believe metal accumulates slower on colder planets, but again I'm not positive about this) so having a slot 15 or 14 planet with high levels of deut synthesizers and storage would be a good way to stockpile deut to be shipped to your "main" (eventually your moonshot/jumpgate planets) planet(s) for fleet fuel.

unit43

Post by unit43 »

All my planets are gonna be double minus temps once I get graviton on my hot one. I will trade all the excess deut I make and use the rest to power my fleet.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Sadly, trading with other players is against game rules. Which is a shame, there are several players that would be more than happy to trade with you. You can only trade using the BfS Plus! option which requires rubies.

Go on. Pay into the prize fund. You know you want to ;)

If you are an active raider, your neighbours should be more than happy to donate all the crystal and metal you require. Especially if you get into the habit of crashing fleets. That means you can focus on producing deuterium, relying more on donated metal and crystal once you have your basic income sorted.

Building satellites is ok once you have enough planetary defence to make them not worth scrapping.

Just keep their numbers relative to the level of defences.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

unit43

Post by unit43 »

I usually don't build ss until my solar plants are at about lv25-28. After that is is better to build ss...

n00bster

Post by n00bster »

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. :)

unit43

Post by unit43 »

Vote for a change in trade rules everyone ;)