Super newbie questions

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
n00bster

Super newbie questions

Post by n00bster »

Alright, so I've read probably 90% of the posts in the help section, so if any of these are in the last 10% forgive me.

1. How do I use storage? I upgraded my Metal storage but everything is still at 0% under Storage State. I swore I saw them at 1% once, but then it disappeared. I am assuming that resources in storage are safe from raiding but how do I put resources there?

2. Am I really supposed to get 25,000+ deuterium to upgrade impulse engines to level 3 to get a colony ship/2nd planet? I'm guessing that'll take 3+ days at least, and that seems like a long time.

3. I read an earlier post where someone said you could just send a cargo ship to raid another planet and you didn't even need any fighters. I couldn't tell if the writer was making a joke or not. Is that really okay?

Thanks guys!

Tyrant

Re: Super newbie questions

Post by Tyrant »

n00bster wrote:Alright, so I've read probably 90% of the posts in the help section, so if any of these are in the last 10% forgive me.

1. How do I use storage? I upgraded my Metal storage but everything is still at 0% under Storage State. I swore I saw them at 1% once, but then it disappeared. I am assuming that resources in storage are safe from raiding but how do I put resources there?
Resources accumulate on planets when you build the mines. Read this thread for more details about storage. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=185#p2114

2. Am I really supposed to get 25,000+ deuterium to upgrade impulse engines to level 3 to get a colony ship/2nd planet? I'm guessing that'll take 3+ days at least, and that seems like a long time.
Build up the Research lab and it will go faster. The higher the level lab, the faster the research.

3. I read an earlier post where someone said you could just send a cargo ship to raid another planet and you didn't even need any fighters. I couldn't tell if the writer was making a joke or not. Is that really okay?
If a planet has no fleet and no defensive units, you can just send cargoes. Be very careful if it is not an (i) Inactive player/planet.

Thanks guys!
Good luck.

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

inactive people do have turrets if they are not cleared away... i would suggest you build a few probes after researching espionage technology

n00bster

Post by n00bster »

hey, thanks guys! all of that was really helpful. :)

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

n00bster wrote: 2. Am I really supposed to get 25,000+ deuterium to upgrade impulse engines to level 3 to get a colony ship/2nd planet? I'm guessing that'll take 3+ days at least, and that seems like a long time.
I think this was more about the time taken for mines to produce the deut, rather than the research lab run time for the project.

Just get yourself some probes and cargoes. Visit your inactive neighbours. You will find they are more than happy to donate more deut than your mines can produce.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

shaddam_v

Post by shaddam_v »

and once again desport knows the correct answer haha. its almost like people dont read the question and already know the answer.

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

shaddam_v wrote:and once again desport knows the correct answer haha. its almost like people dont read the question and already know the answer.
Can't wait until you have moved on to Shaddam XV. By then you will probably have created enough feeder colonies to build yourself up to be in my range.

I am sure you are aware of the fate of Shaddam IV and the nickname of Leto II who so gloriously led the empire on his Golden Path for oh, so many years.

shaddam_v

Post by shaddam_v »

wow, finally some1 feel threatened by me :D its funny how that a higher ranked person is threatening to attack me. its so cute when they are scared of me.

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

shaddam_v wrote:wow, finally some1 feel threatened by me :D its funny how that a higher ranked person is threatening to attack me. its so cute when they are scared of me.
To be perfectly honest, you are more of an annoying gnat. Too small for me to kill at the moment. No worries though. I am a patient and unforgiving predator.

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

shaddam_v wrote:and once again desport knows the correct answer haha. its almost like people dont read the question and already know the answer.
Shaddam_v,
His name is "Despot" not desport,despit,despurt or desparate! You are refering to a fellow player..show some respect and check your spelling. Most folks on here are trying to answer your questions honestly and openly..treat them accordingly! You can find most answers to your questions in the forum, These folks particularly Despot,Sadbutrue,Tyrant to mention a few.. know the game thoroughly by reading the forum and experience..that's why they know the answer. No -one here has to answer your questions..but do so, out of simple generosity..you would be well served to keep that in mind, next time you write in here. Stupid,Inane and Insulting comments that you make to these people will not only damage what reputation you have..but also create some powerful enemies...which may already be the case! If you bother to look at the current rankings..you'll find these Gentlemen at the top...they did'nt get there on a wish...they got there..by destroying better players than you! Take heed and survive... if you can!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!