security code

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Tyrant

Re: security code

Post by Tyrant »

Liam_Jay wrote:soon it will be like ZE all in a matter of time
Over there, a few mods go overkill and kill much of the conversation. It does not need to be the opposite of that to be good. Anarchy is not necessary.

I actually think Despot does a great job here.

You know if you read my posts there or anywhere else I would say differently if I thought differently.

Sorry to say, Diveakeys crossed the line and got his just dessert.
Last edited by Tyrant on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

i aint just sticking up for divkeays because were friends in real life im sticking up for him because even i have said worse on help threads when despot was mod and i wasn't even in his alliance :evil:

maybe he did deserve to get banned but that meens alot more people should have got banned
he even should have given divkeays a warning not a ban

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Despot wrote:
Liam_Jay wrote:Theres No Way He Should Have Got Banned For That Theres Alot Worse On The Forums FFS
He's banned for 7 days only. Maybe there is worse on the forums, however that was totally uncalled for. It is a particularly offensive comment, posted to a request for help.

We show more leniency in threads where "some flaming is tolerated" - this is not one of them.

Unit, I deleted your comment. I believe it referred directly to the removed post, and was thus no longer relevent.

We need to start being a little more mature on the forums. Things have gotten out of hand, and this was a clear example.
Here! Here!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Liam, maybe in the past people have gotten away with more than they should. That does not mean it should continue.

It may be that people have deserved bans and not received them. My attitude was always to be as lenient as possible. I would rather not punish enough than punish too much.

It has gotten to the point now where things have to change. We had trusted people to moderate their own posts, however this has not happened. So the moderator team needs to be a little more active in their role, sadly.

The player that was insulted officially complained. The insult that was used was particularly offensive, and uncalled for in the context of the help thread it was posted to. Action had to be taken. To my mind, a one week temporary ban IS just a warning. Both to Div and to others that this will no longer be tolerated.

The Help thread should be one of the most respected threads. Personal and in game issues with players should be put aside here, and players should help each other to play the game in a polite, respectful atmosphere.

If you have feelings concerning what is said here, then start a thread in the appropriate place and voice your concerns. If you want to sling a little mud, then do so. Just make sure it is in the right place, you can justify what you have said, and that you respect basic public decency and forum rules in the vocabulary you choose to use.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.