A few more questions

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Curious_1

A few more questions

Post by Curious_1 »

1. Whats the smallest planet you would keep?
2. At what size does planet hunting become pointless? all over 300? 400? 500?
3. Is there a limit to how many planets you can attempt to colonize? Can you just keep trying?
4. Should I bother with anything outside slots 4, 5, and 6?
5. When you abandon a planet and it says "Destroyed planet" you can never colonize that slot again? Or is there a countdown?
Can anyone ever colonize this lot again? Or just not me?
6. Is it worth it to colonize slot 15 to reduce expedition times?
7. Once the Intergalactic Research Network has been built on a 2nd planet, any research I have done on the first planet is "uploaded" to the 2nd base correct?
So in theory I could abandon the first planet that did the research and not lose the research?

My apologies if these have been answered I haven't seen it if so.

unit43

Re: A few more questions

Post by unit43 »

Curious_1 wrote:1. Whats the smallest planet you would keep? Depends also on temp and what you plan to do with it, if its very cold (-100C) I would keep it no matter what size, and just build deut synth. If it is gonna be a mining planet I like to keep them above 300 (aim for slot 14=cold and big)
2. At what size does planet hunting become pointless? all over 300? 400? 500? I have half my planets at over 500, some closing on 600. i know this is unfillable but 200 is too small if you wanna make it a good planet. Once again aim for slot 14 and you will get huge planets.(Mine are all slot 14)
3. Is there a limit to how many planets you can attempt to colonize? Can you just keep trying? I try until I get some that I like with big siazes and minus temps.
4. Should I bother with anything outside slots 4, 5, and 6? SLOT 14 IS GOD!!!
5. When you abandon a planet and it says "Destroyed planet" you can never colonize that slot again? Or is there a countdown? 48hrs I believe, then you try again...
Can anyone ever colonize this lot again? Or just not me? Anyone can, including you.
6. Is it worth it to colonize slot 15 to reduce expedition times? No, do 14. Time on expeditions is same no matter what, time to get there differs only slightly, and it is very risky.
7. Once the Intergalactic Research Network has been built on a 2nd planet, any research I have done on the first planet is "uploaded" to the 2nd base correct?
So in theory I could abandon the first planet that did the research and not lose the research? Yes, anywhere you have a research lab your techs are, IRN reduces building time (on techs that you have min requirements for on that planet), your techs stay no matter what. IRN is a bit tricky to understand at first, there might be a topic on it somewhere, if not perhaps the Admin can make one.

My apologies if these have been answered I haven't seen it if so.
No prob, Im so bored anyways, ask me if you got any more.