Everything you need to know about a moon

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Ryurik

Re: Everything you need to know about a moon

Post by Ryurik »

Despot, Divkeays states that metal,crystal storage and deut tanks are useless on a moon..wouldn't these be of benefit to store resorces if shipped from a planet, therefore not useless??
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Ryurik wrote:Despot, Divkeays states that metal,crystal and deut tanks are useless on a moon..wouldn't these be of benefit to store resorces if shipped from a planet, therefore not useless??
Only planets produce resources, i.e.: metal, crystal, deuterium. All planets have the same basic storage capacity. When that capacity is reached, the planet will no longer produce the resource in question until you move enough resources off the planet to go below that capacity or until you build storage units for the respective resource.

Each resource has its own storage unit and by building the storage unit you increase the maximum capacity level. The [Resources] Button will reflect this. When you have exceeded the capacity, the resource level will turn red meaning that resource is not currently being produced.

Moons do not produce resources, so storage units are completely useless on a moon.

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Tyrant,Thanks for your reply. Still confused though..I was under the impression that you needed storage to hold resorces..as the moon doesn't produce and resorces have to be shipped to it..what is the limit a moon will hold with ?nowhere to put it?
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Ryurik wrote:Tyrant,Thanks for your reply. Still confused though..I was under the impression that you needed storage to hold resorces..as the moon doesn't produce and resorces have to be shipped to it..what is the limit a moon will hold with ?nowhere to put it?
Storage units are only to raise the maximum capacity level of planets (so the planet will keep producing res with higher and higher levels of res on planets).

The storage capacity for res on a planet or moon is theoretically unlimited. The code may only be able to capture a certain number of digits, but I doubt anyone has to worry about approaching the limit for a very, very long time.

The only thing you really have to worry about is staying in the green so the planet can continue to produce more resources.

The moon can hold as much resources as you drop on it. Same for a planet.

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Tyrant...Thanks again..that cleared it up a lot! Have a great game!

Caedous

Post by Caedous »

Ummm nooby question how do u send fleets through a jump gate?
"Marines..... They're the best of the best, but they're only human" -Halo CE Manual

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

When your fleet is in orbit around your moon, go to buildings, click on the name of the jump gate to see the description, and a drop down menu will appear showing your other moons with gates on. Select from there.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Caedous

Post by Caedous »

So u need two jump gates?
"Marines..... They're the best of the best, but they're only human" -Halo CE Manual

unit43

Post by unit43 »

Yes.

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Despot..Could you explain the value of solar satelites in moon orbit..they produce energy..but register nothing? I realise they are used to operate factories/buildings etc..and if my factories etc are operating do I need to increase Solar satelite numbers?? I have 50, would increasing to 100 alter production? I know it sounds dumb but I have found nothing that mentions it.
Regards :?