Everything you need to know about a moon

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
fleisl

Re: Everything you need to know about a moon

Post by fleisl »

Say there's a planet with 13,000 solar satellites. Destroying 6061 of them would create a 2mil debris field, for maximum chance at a moon (or 90% of that if the 18% max theorists are correct).
Here's the question: If those satellites are the only fleet at the world, what sized fleet do I have to send to destroy 6000 of them? What will I lose from that fleet?
The Battle Simulator appears to be highly random and thus useless. And I've found zip info on how combat actually works.

Thanks,
fleisl

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

wow man use your brain :lol: if the combat simulator is wrong just simply dont use it work it out for yourself

Gator

Post by Gator »

If I am unsure of how an attack will go, I don't attack! However, what you are attacking will not hurt you so try it with 10 battleships, if it does not destroy enough, try it again with 20. If you are trying for a moonshot and do not want to destroy your friends energy supply, I highly recommend you change your mind and build the 200 large cargo ships, a few recyclers (to collect the debris field) and do not use the solar sats.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

fleisl

Post by fleisl »

Liam, your reply was a total waste of space. If you had actually read my post, I don't have the data *to* "work it out for myself"!! I was asking for information on how combat works, so that I *could* work it out for myself. And you completely failed to provide that info.
I have found no such information anywhere, and the simulator seems to be worthless.
So, once again:
would someone please tell me how you can figure out how many satellites will be destroyed by various fleet compositions? What are the combat mechanics for this darn game, folks!

Oh, and Gator, the simulator says that the 13,000 satellites will in fact destroy the smaller fleets that you suggest. So experimenting looks to be costly.

Thanks,
fleisl

cpu

Post by cpu »

fleisl wrote: would someone please tell me how you can figure out how many satellites will be destroyed by various fleet compositions?
depend your/your-target Weapons, Armour and Shields research level.

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

fleisl wrote:Liam, your reply was a total waste of space. If you had actually read my post, I don't have the data *to* "work it out for myself"!! I was asking for information on how combat works, so that I *could* work it out for myself. And you completely failed to provide that info.
I have found no such information anywhere, and the simulator seems to be worthless.
So, once again:
would someone please tell me how you can figure out how many satellites will be destroyed by various fleet compositions? What are the combat mechanics for this darn game, folks!

Oh, and Gator, the simulator says that the 13,000 satellites will in fact destroy the smaller fleets that you suggest. So experimenting looks to be costly.

Thanks,
fleisl
Maybe You Should Experiment on some targets :roll: Like We all did to find out the results , also look into rapid fire it tells you how many times you can fire against certain ships in the one round for me i would send a big enough fleet to make sure it comes back with 0 losses for me i would roughly send 500 bs and 1000 cruisers < theres a bit of overkill in that but since rapid fire is now inactive that should be enough to get 0 losses

fleisl

Post by fleisl »

Thank you all for attempting to answer my question. I appreciate your input.
Here's something that strikes me as odd, though: Not one person gave concrete information on how combat is actually calculated. One said "it depends on your armor, weapon, and shield tech". I know this. I know it depends on all kinds of things. Tech levels, fleet compositions, defense composition.
Question is: HOW does it depend on these things? What are the numbers, calculations, formulas?
Why is it I can't find a single scrap of hard info on combat? Could it be that no one actually knows how combat is calculated?
It just seems strange to me, that's all.
Thanks,
fleisl

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

fleisl wrote:Thank you all for attempting to answer my question. I appreciate your input.
Here's something that strikes me as odd, though: Not one person gave concrete information on how combat is actually calculated. One said "it depends on your armor, weapon, and shield tech". I know this. I know it depends on all kinds of things. Tech levels, fleet compositions, defense composition.
Question is: HOW does it depend on these things? What are the numbers, calculations, formulas?
Why is it I can't find a single scrap of hard info on combat? Could it be that no one actually knows how combat is calculated?
It just seems strange to me, that's all.
Thanks,
fleisl

Click Shipyard .. or Defence ... on the left hand screen .. You will see the name of the ship and the the picture ... click on the picture :!:

Hope This helps

cpu

Post by cpu »

fleisl wrote:Question is: HOW does it depend on these things? What are the numbers, calculations, formulas?
Its like special recipe, you cant find here...
For end-user, simulator and ship info is more than enough
though sometimes ship-info didnt display accurate number after you build a lot of research but it CHANGEd.

I'll give some example,
in deathstar ship-info is the lowest base-speed among other ship,
after you upgrade Hyperspace Drive their speed is increased, but NOT in ship-info, still go in deep shit only 100 base-speed.

If you desperately want to know MORE...
I'll give you a hint, If y'know running/understanding web-server, javascript and php,
thing will easier...ask google...and voila..

cpu

Crutch

Post by Crutch »

In real life, sometimes there are factors you just can't foresee. With that in mind, remember that the simulator is a program that assume variables.

Its supposed to be inaccurate.

It is my suggestion that you simply do your best. Take a stab in the dark and fleet save your resources.