Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
tahu3637

Re: Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Post by tahu3637 »

hi this is a weird question but why is there a space marine from the white scars chapter in the name?

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

I have the research to build colony ships, which makes me wonder lots of things...

besides the max number of planets are there restrictions to colonising?

should I colonise a 2nd planet now or wait til my first is better?

besides the costs of building the ship do colonies cost any other resources?

would it be best to colonize near good farms, or off away from everyone else?

I have played lots of games similar to this, but I know what works in 1 game can be a horrible blunder in another...so I'd like some opinions from people who have experience here :)
HELP!

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

NoobNeedsHelp wrote:I have the research to build colony ships, which makes me wonder lots of things...

besides the max number of planets are there restrictions to colonising?

should I colonise a 2nd planet now or wait til my first is better?

besides the costs of building the ship do colonies cost any other resources?

would it be best to colonize near good farms, or off away from everyone else?

I have played lots of games similar to this, but I know what works in 1 game can be a horrible blunder in another...so I'd like some opinions from people who have experience here :)
You can only colonise in a vacant slot..1-15 in a solar system...only need 1 colony ship at a time.....colonise a second planet as you near good production on your first....and start building up the second. Colony ships are loaded with enough resources to start building on your planet...much the same as when you started ...send no resources untill your planet has formed..when your colony ship reaches it's intended target it will self-destruct giving you the planet and enough DF to begin building. Your choice..where you set up your planet...try and find a system with an opportunity to "farm" and out of the way of potential attacks??? as I said...your choice!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

thanks, I know lots of games have restrictions to 2nd colony and my points are low so I didn't want to waste resources building the ship if I couldn't use it :D
HELP!

tahu3637

Post by tahu3637 »

really wanna now why there is a space marrine in the picture saying battle for serios

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

I think thats just the games logo...

is there a place where I can find what each level of a research costs?

for instance I have ion at level 2, and I can't build ion cannons til 4...how could I find the cost of both upgrades so I know total cost?

:arrow: want to know which is cheaper for now ion cannon or guass cannon research
HELP!

tahu3637

Post by tahu3637 »

click on technologies

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

that only tells you which researches you need to be able to research another, I was asking about the amount of metal/crystal/deuterium per level of research...but I've ignored gauss cannon for now since ions seem better and are easier to build

and I now have another question, what do the letters mean beside someone's name

name(n) name(s) or name(i)

I once thought the (n) meant nooby protection til I found I was still able to attack some of those
HELP!

fusion

Post by fusion »

n doesnt mean noob protection it just means hes a low level compared to you s means the person is strong meaning may not want to atatck some people you are unable to attack i means inactive for 7 or more days
~fusion~
Yeah buddddy!

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

How do you create a farm? I mean, I have planets that just transport resources to my main planet, but what is the deal with farm messages?