Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Post by Despot »

Anyone that has any questions, or wants advice, please feel free to ask away, and I will answer as well as I can for you.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

hynek

Re: Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Post by hynek »

How does one capture a planet or can he? Please tell me, one of my alliance buddies has asked me for this advice

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

Can't be done, sadly. You can only gain more planets by colonising empty slots, to a maximum of 21.

Ubermensch

Post by Ubermensch »

how does one get despot to quit stealing his resources :)

Despot

Post by Despot »

One either honours the MPP that was set up with one's original alliance, as did two other members that now enjoy protected status. Alternatively one does not leave large deposits of resources unguarded. If they do not tempt me, they are likely to tempt someone else.

Not accusing Despot of being lame may also help somewhat. I have it on good authority it tends to annoy him slightly ;)

RickQ

Question

Post by RickQ »

Greeteng:

I send the fleet to expedition. when receipt comes to the destination this message: Your explorers have found abandoned ships in perfect condition.
They found:

But nothing more. Is it necessary to do slightly specially to recover the opposing ships? :?

Thanks

melkart

Post by melkart »

HI This may sound stupid, but I am a nwbie: how can I KNOW what type of plant is there in an empty slot BEFORE colonizing it?

Despot

Post by Despot »

Rick, the rewards / risks you face on an expedition depend on the value of ships sent. The higher the value, the higher the rewards, and the larger the enemy fleets you may face. Your result indicates that you would have found ships, however your fleet was not large enough to generate any. You should send a mix of cargo and war ships, in order to carry any loot found, and protect your fleet against aliens / pirates. Never send a fleet on expedition that you cannot afford to lose, as you risk finding a black hole which destroys (in my experience so far) 33-100% of your fleet.

Melkart - you cannot know before colonising, as the planet is only generated on colonistation. 400 fields plus is considered a good size, and the best chance for the biggest planets is found on slots 4,5 and 6.

Hotter planets generate more power from solar sats, but less dueterium. And vice versa for colder planets.

RickQ

Post by RickQ »

II sent 1 destroyer and 2 battlecruices ... without cargo ships, perhaps do not be worth while sending any more expedisiones. thanks for the response, even that of Melkart helps me. Thanks! :D

Despot

Post by Despot »

Thanks, that's the whole point of this thread. With a bit of luck, most questions people have will have been asked and answered here, giving everyone access to a reasonable help file, in effect.

Expeditions are really only useful if you have some ships and a fleet slot that you have no current use for. You may as well send them on a little jaunt to outer space, rather than leave them gathering dust.