Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
NoobNeedsHelp

Re: Uncle Despot's Problem Page

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

I think I found it, on the galaxy screen it calls them probes on the tech screen it calls them espionage ships...and I was scanning through for the word probe :ugeek:

thanks again
HELP!

VALOR

Post by VALOR »

No prob
Ohaithur

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

NoobNeedsHelp wrote::? that wasn't very helpful, and now I'm done with the guide and I have no clue what to do...

I mean I could continue building, but what should I build? more resources would mean I could build more ships: I built a few Light Fighters but I can't attack anyone since everyone around me seems to be in nooby protection...

I think after completing the guide I'm wandering around more aimless than I was before I started it...

any pointers on what to do next? or any general guidelines for which way I should be advancing?

from what I've been reading here I'm guessing mid range goal is to get to a position where I can build Battle Ships or Bombers, but what should I be doing more short range?

and how do I know what I need to build those? I can't find any info on this game besides whats here on the forum and the search function isn't as helpful as you'd think
Build up 1 planet at a time...Build your mines,Weapons,Shields and Armour Techs...Have a look in "Technologies ..the ones in red are incomplete..plenty there to choose from...You only need a fleet of Recyclers..at this stage to raid debris fields (DF) to boost your resources..continue work on your best planet..when you are satisfied with that..move onto your next and repeat...as more resources come to hand..look at building your fleet and defences! good luck! :D
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

really weird question this time: the picture for my planet shows a moon, when I look at the overview for the planet it says non-active under the picture...does that mean I have an inactive moon? and if so how do I activate it?
HELP!

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

NoobNeedsHelp wrote:really weird question this time: the picture for my planet shows a moon, when I look at the overview for the planet it says non-active under the picture...does that mean I have an inactive moon? and if so how do I activate it?
No...It means you are not working on it..nothing is in production..it is not active ..rather than inactive! :lol:
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

:lol: thought I had gotten really lucky and started with a moon and just didn't know how to use it

HELP!

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

are heavy fighters useless? :?

the guy I want to attack has 1 light fighter, 1 small cargo ship, 1 rocket launcher and 1 light laser...

if I only send my 5 light fighters I get the same result from the sim as I would if I sent the heavy fighter too

and using the sim 1 light fighter versus 1 heavy fighter ends in a tie...that doesn't seem right to me :|
HELP!

Gator

Post by Gator »

The light fighter was being flown by Luke Skywalker.

Seriously though, no. Heavy fighters are NOT useless. They are better than light fighters. Do not believe the battle sim, it is misleading. The best way you can figure out what you need is to do the math. Add up all his defenses and fleets attack points, and shield points, make sure you calculate the weapon, shield, and armor bonuses, and then add up all of your attack and shield points. You need to have enough attack points to defeat his shield and armor, and enough shield and armor to outlast his attack points. Then multiply it times 2 just to be on the safe side. You can get all the information you need from the technology page. If you click on the name of the ship or defensive weapon, you will see the attack, shield, and armor points.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

NoobNeedsHelp wrote:are heavy fighters useless? :?

the guy I want to attack has 1 light fighter, 1 small cargo ship, 1 rocket launcher and 1 light laser...

if I only send my 5 light fighters I get the same result from the sim as I would if I sent the heavy fighter too

and using the sim 1 light fighter versus 1 heavy fighter ends in a tie...that doesn't seem right to me :|

As in any game...the Defender has the advantage...
1. It costs you deut to get there and back.
2. He has his Fleet and Defences.. you have only your fleet.
3. He can strip his planet , move his fleet before you get there.
4. Once your fleet has been sent...you can do nothing with it except recall.
5. If you recall..see 1. and you have lost your resources for nothing.
6. It will also cost you a minimum of 2 probes! One to assess the target ..and one more..just before the attack hits..just to make sure nothing has changed!
7. he can also ..if given time ..move fleets to assist..or get other players to help!
8. Attacker rarely has the element of suprise..once probes are sent.
9.Then you are a marked man!! you have put a sign around your neck ,which reads...Attack me Please!

That is the name of the game!! Good Luck!

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

ok I was just looking at the numbers, and its almost like you can build 4 lights for the same costs(or less) than 1 heavy...

just wondering if lots of lights is better than a few heavies, so I ran more numbers in the sim...and I think they are :?

just wanted experienced answers before I wrecked my fleet on a whim
HELP!