Save Fleet

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Alfaslayer

Save Fleet

Post by Alfaslayer »

What do I need to use the Save Fleet.?

I have tried from the "Fleet" menu to send it on its way but I am not offered an option for Save Fleet.

Have anyone a guideline that I am not aware of exists.

Thanks in advance.

Homo_astro

Re: Save Fleet

Post by Homo_astro »

First, the term is Fleet Save, or FS for short.

Second, FS is not a specific fleet mission option on the fleet page. Rather, it is any mission that is intended to keep your fleet out of orbit and hopefully hidden from potentially hostile players while you are offline (although short FS can also be used tactically while you are online to either simply keep your fleet off ranking or perhaps invite an attack by showing PART of your fleet with the intent of doing a ninja* with your full fleet).

FS Tips:

1. Any mission FROM or TO a moon cannot be lanxed**. Ideally, FS missions should be FROM your moon to SOMEONE ELSE's moon. This is because if someone is really after you, they may pop*** your moons. FSing to someone else's moon makes it unlikely that both moons involved in your FS will be popped (if all moons involved in the FS are popped, your fleet will become visible to lanx). If you do not have a moon, that is only a minor problem - just FS to someone else's moon. Even an inactive moon is serviceable.

2. Ideally, you should time your FS so that your fleet arrives back AFTER your next intended log on time.

* A Ninja is when the defender is reinforced (either by himself or by another player) before the arrival of an attack so that the defender wins the battle

** A building called a Sensor Phalanx can be built on moons. The Phalanx can be used to see fleet activity around other planets, but moons cannot be lanxed. Fleet activity from or to moons is invisible to the Sensor Phalanx.

*** Pop means to destroy a moon. Death Stars (RIPs) can be sent on MD (Moon Destroy) missions, and if there are enough of them they can destroy moons.

Alfaslayer

Re: Save Fleet

Post by Alfaslayer »

Thank you for your feedback. That was very helpfull.

I once played another Space game where there were a mission called Fleet save so therefore I was looking after this possibility.