Graviton technology

Request Help for the game here. Experienced players will help you while administrators will certify where needed.
Jett

Graviton technology

Post by Jett »

requires 300k energy, this seems impossible to attain! does anyone have this much energy on a planet?
how do you get it? I know fusion reactors, but they get so expensive after a few upgrades, argh!

divkeays

Re: Graviton technology

Post by divkeays »

jett build 12k + solar sats contact me when you are done contact me ill get you a moon ;)

Jett

Post by Jett »

man so many mistakes I should have put my main planet on one of the inner planets, I wish I could start over

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

If other players notice you building up a large number of satellites they are likely to try to destroy them. Three reasons. First, to prevent Graviton research. Second, for the debris. Third, because they can. For this reason it is often best to use your main planet, as by the time you are ready to do this, it will probably have far better defences than any other planet.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Malbordeus

Post by Malbordeus »

i find that having several (7 or 8) worlds with lvl 4+ missile launchers chocked full of IPBM's is a good way of telling people not to attack your satalites.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

That might help, assuming the raider is within range. This is one of the problems with having your planets too close together. You'll find a lot of players (myself included) tend to get a tad miffed about excessive nuking.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

can i just say graviton tech imo is useless seeing as without rf the death star isnt the best

Malbordeus

Post by Malbordeus »

good point despot, theyre there for retaliatory nukings rather than the pro-active kind.

and still divkeays, if you dont think death stars are powerful... theres a guy with four. go attack him, the rest of us look forward to you posting your battle report. :roll:

Despot

Post by Despot »

Deathstars are very useful even without rapid fire, as defensive stations (when jumpgates come in, RIP ninja's start.

They are also excellent for moonshots and defence clearance raids, as these can be done over long periods, so the lack of speed is not an issue. Their immense hits mean that moonshots and defence clearances can be done without losses.

As straight forward warships, they are not much use. As strategic assets, they are only as good as the mind employing them.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

Malbordeus wrote:good point despot, theyre there for retaliatory nukings rather than the pro-active kind.

and still divkeays, if you dont think death stars are powerful... theres a guy with four. go attack him, the rest of us look forward to you posting your battle report. :roll:
im not saying they arent powerful im saying that they arent the best probably the powerfullest but the destroyer is more cost effective trust me i know this for a fact the only thing death stars are good for is defence and moon destruction missions :roll: