Codex of Planets

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Kamdot

Re: Codex of Planets

Post by Kamdot »

Chapter Two

“How the codex got to the sands location is still a mystery. No one has ever told me the story, and I don’t think one exists, but the conspiracies around the topic are large. Only one thing is for certain, a young boy found it thousands of years ago.”

“If I had to bet, I would place my money on planet six being the actual location of where the codex turned up. Planet six is the only planet that makes sense to me since it was heavily populated at the time he found it over 5000 years ago. The only thing that doesn’t make sense about this planet being the location is that it was a cold planet far from the sun, with a steel hard surface. I think there’s a secret here though that confirms my thinking. It’s a long shot but I think when our forefathers spoke of, “everyone to the core of this planet to study”, they actually meant, everyone was underground.”

“What I need to answer is, weather the boy who found the codex just happened to be part of the royal bloodline. There has to be something significant about the area that would equal the fact that his relatives where at that same location. My research is incomplete regarding this topic.”

“I want to thank everyone for coming to tonight’s presentation. It’s been a pleasure sharing my knowledge of the Codex, and I look forward to sharing the further truths as they present themselves.”

After exiting the stage and heading towards the back of the building I couldn’t help but hear a man calling my name. It was a faint yell that was at least coming from the farthest row’s of the theater. “Mr. Kamdot?” Startled, I turn as another voice was very close. “Do you have time to go over a few facts, facts that I know will make you happy regarding the bloodline?” Now facing this man, I can tell by his clothes, he was worth me at least talking to since his suite had to be 5 times my annual income. “Well, umm, I am not sure who you are and,” pausing I can still hear the faint yell calling my name, “I will only take up an hour of your time”, he says as he reaches out taking my elbow while walking as if to direct me to the door. “My car is right outside”, he says as he opens the building door to reveal a black limo. “Mr. Kamdot, please get in, I will have Fred my driver call and have another driver pick up your car and deliver it to your address, so as not to inconvenience you while we talk.” Hesitant to even say no, my body however is telling me to fear this man no matter how rich he appears. “I will only take an hour of your time, please Mr. Kamdot, get in.”

After settling in the back of the limo, we slowly pull away heading towards the downtown district. “Mr Kamdot, I am Gatesman, Phillip Gatesman. Sorry if I forgot to introduce myself earlier, but it was more important that I get you here with me, before …” As the rage fills inside me I can’t stand to listen anymore. “You are Phillip Gatesman?” I yell as I lean forward towards him. “ Let me out of this car this car right now, DRIVER …” “Mr. Kamdot please, I can explain.” He replies. “There’s nothing you can say that I don’t already know, my father …” “Mr. Kamdot, your father, your father was right.” What, what the heck is going on? What’s he talking? “Mr. Gatesman I don’t know what you’re up to but, I want out, and I want out now, DRIVER?” “Mr. Kamdot, please, one hour, give me one hour, and I will be out of your life forever.” Thinking, shaking, I don’t know what to do, my car, I don’t know where I am, I can’t think straight. “One hour Mr. Kamdot, and I will clear up all the questions you have about the bloodline, you, your father, and when I am done, not only will I take you to your address, I will also give you this.” Reaching in his suite pocket I can’t help to think what now? “This envelope Mr. Kamdot, has five thousand dollars in it, but more important then that there is information here that decodes the codex cover. Something I’ve heard you say you wish you knew. It’s all yours, for one hour of your time. Now will you stay?”

“You have one hour Mr. Gatesman.” I said as I felt a comfortable feeling overtake me. “Mr. Kamdot, over five thousand years ago as you know, life began to change. Things started to move faster then anyone could imagine. The younger generations where able to multi-task far better then their parents generations, and technology was tripping over itself as more and more breakthroughs where being uncovered. Then it happened, an epic tragedy bigger then life was on a collision course with their world. One thing, only one thing Mr. Kamdot saved their lives. Twenty three years before they realized their world was going to end, my family was already working on space travel. 5000 years ago my ancestors saved everyone’s lives. If it wasn’t for my family uncovering the secret behind changing the planets polarity, we wouldn’t be sitting here right now. You may have heard that the reason for polar reversals is not known, but what the people who are saying this don’t realize is that it is known, and it’s simply been kept a secret, and hidden from the rest of the universe by my family. You see Mr. Kamdot, if this was to fall into the wrong hands, well, it could be used as a weapon, just like it was five thousand years ago. But don’t try telling everyone they are wrong, and you know it exists, because they won’t believe you, no matter what you say.

“Since you are so full of your self, and your family, then why was my father killed. If you believe so deeply that no one would believe planet polarity changing is doable right now, why was he picked as the ‘scape goat? Your family could have protected him, like everyone else.”

“Your father was a valuable person to our company, no doubt. However he wasn’t a saint either. I know this might not sit well with you, hearing someone tell you things you probably already felt yourself. But if you didn’t want to hear it, you wouldn’t have tried so hard to be like him. I’ve been watching you. I can tell you’ve always felt that your life, and what you are doing now was all planned. You even at times felt that someone other then you was pulling the strings. Well, it’s all true. And you’re not the only one who has a planned path in life. I too, have had these same feelings, wonders, questions, and, well, now it’s time, time you knew the truth, about everything.”

“I don’t care to know any more about my father right now. You said, you had secrets about the cover, I want to hear it, your time’s running out.” I said, as if I really had some type of leverage here, but at this time the codex is at the top of my priority list, not my father. “Relax, and besides, it’s your father you should thank and want to hear more about, since it’s why he has finally brought you and I together tonight. Call it, a predestined appointment.” Looking at the envelope, he finally decides to open the flap. Maybe I should just grab it and run. “I live for these kinds of moments Mr. Kamdot.” He says, as he reaches in to the envelope and pulls out a pin. “Your father never told you did he?”

One day when I was younger I can remember my father showing me medals, but if I had to tell anyone what they where for I couldn’t, let alone sit here and try to remember what this one pin had to do with my father, or anything.

“Your father was a member of an elite group, like my family. The work he did was dangerous, although, like I said earlier, he wasn’t a saint, he mostly protected us, my family, my father. At the time my father was head of our company, your father was trusted with certain documents. We called them ‘For Your Eyes Only’ kinds of documents. They would circulate between the members of what was called, the inner chamber, the highest of ranked people within the company. These people are better known now as, CEO’s, CFO’s, and the like. It was your fathers duties as deputy to secure all documents, memo’s, and most importantly to not let what we called the book, to ever be opened, or taken from the vault, except by two members at the same time. The reasons should be clear, not only did this book hold the secret recipe for planet polarity changing, it also held information regarding the cover of the Codex. But there is one thing it doesn’t hold, a document detailing the bloodline. Our companies mission was in part, too not only research new products, but to also uncover truths.” He says as he is now reaching into a pocket that is attacked to the back of a seat. Reaching in, he pulls out a book. “I think you recognize this book, am I right Mr. Kamdot?” Turning the book cover towards me to reveal the cover, he slowly hands it to me. “Codex of Planets?” I ask. “Yes I recognize it, I have a copy myself why? Are you trying to waste my time here, where are you going with all this?” I say as I wiggle around in my seat from nerves. “In your speech this evening you mentioned planet six, did you know the actual year was 5083 when life finally ended their? It was nearly 100 years past the last researcher’s message. The lives my family saved gave the last generation of people the hope they needed to move on. That pin you hold, is from planet 6, year 5023. It’s a BFS3 medal.” Looking down at the pin, I quickly remember my conversation with a caretaker. “Mr. Kamdot, that pin was awarded to my families company for defeating another company. There was one person from that company that survived. Mr. Kamdot that person was one of your relatives, and at the time of that great battle, he was smart enough to abandon the planet. He later joined forces of the inner chamber. Since that time forward both of our families have worked together, and now 5000 years later, here we sit. Fitting, isn’t it Mr Kamdot? Your father continued the tradition”

I never knew this. My father never mentioned this pin. My father always told me the work he did was well underground, and very secretive. He did however, tell me about the Gatesman family. He always said, “One day, things are going to change, and when they do, you have to find the truth.” But, the truth of what I was to find, he never told me. All he ever said about the Gatesman’s is “When you finally meet Phillip, I will have passed on, and you will be able to enforce the universe by having the knowledge of every planet, and their secrets. The answers are on the cover of the Codex. So when he comes, you’ll know, the Gatesman family time is running out. They have a pin that fits in this box, and are aware the box is missing.” And then he handed me the box and said, “If you ever find the pin that fits this box, it will show the words everyone is looking for. I risk my life for you, yet they think it’s for them, So take this box, put it away until the day they come.”

“Mr. Kamdot? May I have the pin back please?” Startled, I look up. His eyes pierce through me as if he heard every word I was thinking. “This is a nice pin.” I say trying to get a hold of myself. “Who exactly gives these pins out?” I say as I hand it over. “I’ll get to that. Right now I want to ask you something. Did your father ever talk about his work?” He asked without a blink of an eye. His stare makes me so nervous; will he know if I lie? “Yes, Yes he did. He told me he kept the books for the company, an accountant I always thought, but to hear your explanation I take it he wasn’t counting money?” “You are correct.” He says as I watch him slip the pin into an envelope, and then into the breast pocket of his coat. “Your father was a researcher, and specialized in encryption. He was the reason we attacked and defeated the company he previously worked for, and received the pin. Before working for us, your father decoded sealed transmissions found in a mountain that where over 3000 years old. He then traded his find for a new life working with my family. The information was stunning at the time. You see, the information he decoded was about your ancestors, and the fall from power. Your ancestors where kings of their day, but fell to the family he found himself working for. In exchange of other sealed transmissions, your father and my family set out to double cross his superior. I think you can fill in the rest.” He said as I sit here stunned and unsure what to do.

“Tell me why he died then.” I said. “If he gave you so much, so he could get revenge, what went wrong to the point your family could not protect him like he did you?”

“The only thing I know about his death is that it involved a box my family had. The box wasn’t an ordinary box, it wasn’t made of wood, it was a very high tech device. It was approximately three inches square with two glass screens opposite each other. The only seams it had was around the screens, other then that it had a pin size hole on one side. My family was never able to turn it on. Part of your fathers’ job was to find out what made it tick. Then one day it turned up missing and your father soon resigned his position. Shortly after he left there where rumors your father stole it, but this could never be confirmed. Six months later a package arrived at the company with the box inside. There where instructions telling us to insert the pin I just showed you into the pin hole. There wasn’t any return address or any idea of where it came from.” What? Odd, I have the box. I better break the silence. “What Pin?” I ask, wondering if he’s testing me, or I wonder if this even makes sense. “The pin I just showed you. It actually fits in the hole of the box, and it turned on. There was a message that came up on the screen. Do you want to know what it said?” He asks, pausing waiting for my reply. “Yeah, what did it say.” I ask. “It was a riddle.” He says as he pulls a piece of paper from the envelope and begins to read. “Brothers, and sisters I have none, but that mans father, is my fathers grandson. Who is the grandson?” He says.

“Mr. Gatesman?” The driver says. “We have arrived at Mr. Kamdots townhouse.” As he is now standing holding my door open waiting for me to exit. “Before you go, do you have any idea what this means Mr. Kamdot?” I hear Mr. Gatesman ask as I place one foot out the door. “Well, not really, I will have to think about it.” I say as I see him opening the envelope and taking out the money. “This is for you.” He says, handing it to me. “Solve this, and I will double it.” “But my father? You still never said …” “Tell you what Mr.Kamdot, If I give you the pin, will you never ask me about your father ever again?” This is a trick, I know it. If I say I will never ask, and take the pin, he has to know I will use it, and it would tell him by me taking it, that I have the real box, and if I say no, then I loose, I will not be able to use the pin on the real box. “I would rather have the truth Mr.Gatesman.” I say in a deep stern and upset type voice. “Then take it anyway.” He says and tosses it at me. Catching it I quickly get up from my seat, exiting the limo. “Your car will be here in the morning, in time for your drive to work. I will see to it that it is without any marks as well.” He says out the window, as the driver pulls away.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

anubis

Post by anubis »

:shock:

suresh

Post by suresh »

Wow kamdot thats an interesting read :-)
DEATH BEGINS WITH LIFE'S FIRST BREATH , AND LIFE BEGINS AT THE TOUCH OF DEATH

nalon

Post by nalon »

Wow are you writing a book or something? That must have took a long time to come up with. Keep up the good work.

anubis

Post by anubis »

not good work

it is a hard work :shock:

serios
Site Admin

Post by serios »

Its is very good and we will be implementing it.

suresh

Post by suresh »

thank you thank you serios....

i was in thought of going permanent V-mode and this made me stay forever lol :D
DEATH BEGINS WITH LIFE'S FIRST BREATH , AND LIFE BEGINS AT THE TOUCH OF DEATH

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

WOW - I don't know what to say, I just really like the game and it does something for me so this is my way of giving back. I really would like to see a finished book, be it online or real. It would be cool to have the book promote the game and watch it grow even more.

When I was making the medal I searched the internet to get some ideas for the medal. But, what I found was something that really made me think about getting the game really noticed. What I found was that there is an actual non profit organization called "World Science Fiction Society" and every year they take nominations from anyone who wants to nominate online or hand held books. This organization gives away actual awards called "HUGO AWARD" and what is cool about the award is that it's in the shape of a missile and the design of it is changed each year. I would love to see someone nominate this thread "Codex Of Planets" to see if we can in fact win an award. It would be a great honor if our Admin could say, this game won an actual award when I dont think any other online game has due to their storyline!

So, please if someone could take the time to nominate the story today that would be great since the Nomination Deadline Is Today !!! Simply go to this website and nominate it. http://www.thehugoawards.org/ If we dont make this one, maybe we can make the next one for sure. Here are some images of past HUGO AWARDS.

Image Image Image
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

eden4ge

Post by eden4ge »

Nice work Kamdot!! simply amazing how you descrive so well the planets and the ideas present on all...
really nice ;)

anubis

Post by anubis »

kamdot good job!
you imprese me :lol: and my grangmather too