Increased defensive capabilities

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Gator

Increased defensive capabilities

Post by Gator »

As it stands, players research certain technologies to be able to build related defensive structures. For example if a player researches plasma technology level 7, he may begin building plasma cannons as defensive structures on their planets. At that point, it is useless to continue researching plasma technology, however the option to continue researching is available even though there is no benefit.

My suggestion is that there should be a motivation to continue to research technologies that are useless after unlocking capabilities. A good motivational factor could be that every 3 levels beyond the unlocking of the defensive structure (lvl 7 in plasma tech) you gain a 10% increase of its shield, structure and attack points. So at lvl 10 plasma research, you would get a 10% bonus of increased capabilities. The same for lvl 13, 16, 19... ect.

This could work for lasers, Ion cannons, and plasma cannons.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

suresh

Re: Increased defensive capabilities

Post by suresh »

I was testing with my own planets and it is increasing now.... . i researched ion 9 asked my friend to attack and then researched 10asked my friend to attack and it increased some amount of power in ion cannons
DEATH BEGINS WITH LIFE'S FIRST BREATH , AND LIFE BEGINS AT THE TOUCH OF DEATH

Gator

Post by Gator »

suresh wrote:I was testing with my own planets and it is increasing now.... . i researched ion 9 asked my friend to attack and then researched 10asked my friend to attack and it increased some amount of power in ion cannons
I too have tested it, there are no differences, you are mistaken.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

suresh

Post by suresh »

it maybe due to the new WSA i upgraded... :geek:

Gator

Post by Gator »

So... Suresh has commented, but did NOT say if he liked the idea. If someone could say YEA (I like the idea), or NEA (I do not like the idea) would be nice. I also think that each alliance leader should REQUIRE each of their members to visit the forums once a week to comment on posts.

suresh

Post by suresh »

i erlike the idea gator....and increasing energy technology could increase the eneygy produced and the deuterium consumed by the fusion plant is reduced...

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

me being a fleeter not a turtle i dont really follow this suggestion but wouldnt be too bothered if it was active ;)

Gator

Post by Gator »

Liam_Jay wrote:me being a fleeter not a turtle i dont really follow this suggestion but wouldnt be too bothered if it was active ;)
I am both, a fleeter and a turtle, but that is not the issue. I think that if there is the ability to research technologies beyond their main function, there should be a payoff for that research. A reward for furthering your education sort of.

The LAST thing I want to do is bother you Liam :lol: :lol: