Space Port

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
fireonice

Space Port

Post by fireonice »

I have seen that there are not much of an advantage for people who can spend a lot. If someone has rubies and he has lost his fleet then he has much less options to get his fleet back fast. So i would like to suggest that we have a space port where we can sell and purchase ships for rubies. And, to make it fair we can have sales commission which could be 25% of the sales value in rubies. Also, we can purchase resources, it would be nice to see resources being put on the market if you see you are being attacked. Wow you do not loose much resources but earn rubies.

Also space ports can cater to the planet production and defense bonus. Like the crew of the fighter groups can spend time and enjoy, and would have high moral when the fight is on hand. And resource production would increase with miners getting some recreation and beverages.

This would ensure that new players come and enjoy the game. And if they are willing to spend then they can do what they want. But, there should be a threshold on how much rubies you can buy in a period of time. So that high spenders do not rule the game.

I know this idea has some advantages and disadvantages for the players, but i see more advantages for the game rather than the disadvantages.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.

NoobNeedsHelp

Re: Space Port

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

that would be horrible...sorry to put it that harshly, but it would

if you're getting attacked and you throw everything on the market you lose nothing, and as soon as the attacker leaves you just take it all back...its like having a safe for your fleet and resources and it would really kill attacking in the game as everyone would get tired of sending off thier fleets for nothing and give up attacking
HELP!

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

Well noob every suggestion has its advantages as well disadvantages. And if you are pointing out the disadvantages then you need to see multiple aspects than only one aspect.

Well i can tell you ways you can avoid attacks and you do not have to spend much deut on saving your small fleet and resources. So if a player knows those things then he can protect himself. And you can forget attacking him.

And there would be limit on how much one can sell. Or else we will find lot of guys selling stuff to protect themselves from attacks. I am an attacking player and this could hurt me. But i need to see what the game can get bcoz i love this game.

suresh

Post by suresh »

This means only one thing its a market for the fleets and i think it should be :D because when a strong player having some rubies to attack another one then he can buy more fleets than building it...this changes the way of the game play ;) this is what i think atleast :?
DEATH BEGINS WITH LIFE'S FIRST BREATH , AND LIFE BEGINS AT THE TOUCH OF DEATH

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

nice idea. Not only can a player in first place sell ships but a noob as well. So, in fact this can help noobs. I do think though that we would have to pay to place the ships up for sale, and in order to cancel a sale you also have to pay a smaller amount to cancel, to delist the sale. This might help curb a fleet save but not do away with it all together since fleet saving is a key part of the game if you play that way. Paying to list and delist is sort of like a tax. It would be nice to see this as a classified list where the cheaper for sale price is listed at the top, giving everyone the option to list cheaper then the cheapest, or list for a higher price then the cheapest.

I wonder how cheating would be handled though. As an example, say FOI wanted to fleetsave, and say he contacts me asking me to hold some of his ship for a while, and lists 5000 BS for 1 ruby, knowing 10 days from now I would sell them back to him. This sales transfer could happen easily and at a time him and I are online together, so far as now one else knows the plan and time and tosses a wrench into it.

Maybe we should just open a market for material sales to each other, and use a totally different currency that can be used for market trades, and then be able to sell that currency for rubies, and then open a market for the sale of ships this way there is a full circle opening the game up to a whole new level that might appeal to others.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

Kamdot wrote:nice idea. Not only can a player in first place sell ships but a noob as well. So, in fact this can help noobs. I do think though that we would have to pay to place the ships up for sale, and in order to cancel a sale you also have to pay a smaller amount to cancel, to delist the sale. This might help curb a fleet save but not do away with it all together since fleet saving is a key part of the game if you play that way. Paying to list and delist is sort of like a tax. It would be nice to see this as a classified list where the cheaper for sale price is listed at the top, giving everyone the option to list cheaper then the cheapest, or list for a higher price then the cheapest.

I wonder how cheating would be handled though. As an example, say FOI wanted to fleetsave, and say he contacts me asking me to hold some of his ship for a while, and lists 5000 BS for 1 ruby, knowing 10 days from now I would sell them back to him. This sales transfer could happen easily and at a time him and I are online together, so far as now one else knows the plan and time and tosses a wrench into it.

Maybe we should just open a market for material sales to each other, and use a totally different currency that can be used for market trades, and then be able to sell that currency for rubies, and then open a market for the sale of ships this way there is a full circle opening the game up to a whole new level that might appeal to others.

Ohh you thought this how it is going to work then you are making a mistake. This plan was thought over to make money for serios and not cheat. I want this game to make the money for developers so that they will continue this game and we will all enjoy. Now i will burst the bubble of thoughts. There would be some guidelines for the sale to go through. And these would make cheating and fleetsaving through the market impossible.

The rules for sales are:
* One person can not put more than 10 transactions or 10 orders in total and not in ship kinds.
* If the person who has put the order for sale of ships cancels the orders then the ships would be lost and would not go back to him.
* If the person wants to get back his ships he has to purchase his own ships.
* The ships would be put on auction with raise in price by 10%. That means if the ships are priced at 10 SR then you will buy them for 11 SR.
> 10% price increase - you will buy the ships in 10 hrs. That means if you buy them they will take 10 hrs for the order to process. And anyone else can bid on them in the meantime.
> 20% price increase - you will buy the ships in 5 hrs. Others can bid within 5 hrs to get the order of ships in their name.
> 30% price increase - you will buy the ships instantly.
* Every order of ship would be in lots of 100. And every order will have the same price of 10 SR. This is going to curb down cheating as well. If someone thinks he can sell 100 SC or 100 LC or 100 LF to a new account he has created then it is impossible as the new guy has to spend 11 SR to purchase those ships. And he does not have 11 SR but 10 SR to start an account. So bad idea.
* Serios would be taking 25% of the sale price as a sales commission. That means if some one sells 100 LC for 11 SR then he doesn't get 11 SR but 8 SR.
* The buyer can buy "n" number of orders. If he has enough rubies.

I hope these rules satisfy your urges of cheating. I can not think of any better rules than these at the moment. But i will come back again with new rules for the Space Port soon.

Kamdot, thanks for the new suggestions.

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

FireOnIce, I did some figuring and here are some facts to help you get your Ruby amounts in line better for the ships you would like to see us be able to trade using rubies, I think you might want to rethink the 11 Ruby rule you mentioned after you see these facts ...

20 Serios Rubies = 509,712 Metal, 254,856 Crystal, 127,428 Deuterium
1 Serios Rubies = 25,486 Metal, 12,743 Crystal, 6371 Deuterium = $.09 - .04

Merchant Trade = 2/1/.05
6371 Deuterium = 25,484 Metal or 12,742 Crystal = 1 Serios Rubies

Battleships Cost = a little less then 1 Ruby, around 2/3 - 3/4 of a ruby to be exact.
50,000 Metal 10,000 Crystal

35 Serios Rubies 2.99 US Dollars $.09 each
100 Serios Rubies 5.99 US Dollars
250 Serios Rubies 12.99 US Dollars
600 Serios Rubies 24.99 US Dollars $.04 each

So, for example, if I am selling 100 Battleships I want 60 - 75 rubies for them at least to get me close to breaking even. Now if you add the 25% tax, 100 Battleships would sell for 100 Rubies, and the game creators would make $1.00 - $2.25 for each trade completed between two game players, for 100 Battleships. If I decided to cancel my sell order, and buy my 100 ships back, it would cost me a loss of the $1.00 - $2.25 to the game creators.

Now, if I or anyone wanted to become a trader of just battleships, I or anyone then would take 50 Rubies or less, per 100 ships. The tax however also would decrease unless the rule is made different where any Battleship sold has a 1/4 ruby listing fee, which then guarantees the game creators their 25% income on trades made of all Battleships, and the like.

Anyway, the reason I posted this was to help everyone get the true facts so we can talk apples for apples and not pairs and apples.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

If i go by the serios rubie spenders list, SBT would be topping the list and you can ask him how much rubies he has used to buy resources. No one is stupid enough to buy resources for rubies when they can raid from others.

And regarding facts if you are talking then you should know that there are some players who get about 75-100 M resources a day. Now you do the math of what would be the break even for ships manufactured from resources gained from raids. That is easy rubies for the player who raids, easy ships for the guys who buys them and easy money for the developers.

So many happy faces.

Damn i am good.

suresh

Post by suresh »

so can we sell some ships also? :?: :roll:
DEATH BEGINS WITH LIFE'S FIRST BREATH , AND LIFE BEGINS AT THE TOUCH OF DEATH

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

Yes players can sell and buy ships for rubies. This would not make the money spenders go away as they can buy ships if they want but that needs to have the building called space port.