Space Port

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Kamdot

Re: Space Port

Post by Kamdot »

I've been thinking about what would levels of research and what type of research we should have in order to build the space port. The first thing I think of is the Graviton Technology. The reason is sort of goofy but, I dont want my ships that I place on the market to be floating off into space, so I need gravity to keep them grounded onto the port. However, at the same time I cant help but think of the newer players and the time it takes to build lvl 1 Graviton Technology. Since the only thing Graviton Technology is used for now is the Death Star, this might make Graviton Technology an even more prized research item.

Maybe another rule might be that it has to be built on only moons too! Think about it, you can only buy or sell your ships from your space port located on a moon you own. And, if you are strong enough to keep your moons you may end up being the king of the market. But, if someone destroys the moon, the port and everything for sale gets destroyed too.

Anyway, back to reality, does Graviton Technology sound like a good starting point?
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

Comander_Shadow

Post by Comander_Shadow »

The problem with this idea is it shifts the power of the game into the players with money...not everyone that plays this game has money, for instance im a broke college student, who loves this game because its free, but now im getting beat by someone who isn't as strong but can pay for ships with money that they have.

And as far as the idea of graviton tech being needed is it closes out the possibility of weaker players trading, buying, and selling there ships.

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

As i had mentioned earlier Space Port is not the place where you can only buy or sell ships. Or defense platforms. It would be a place for your miners, scientists, engineers and pilots to hang out and spend their time. It would be like a restaurant or bar where they can order food and drinks. This would make the people of the planet and moon happy. And people who are happy would fight hard against attacks from attackers or raiders. So every level rise in the level of space port should increase the defensive bonus of that particular planet or moon.
(Yes it should be available for both planet and moon)

As for Graviton Tech being the criteria. I think it would be harsh on someone who is new and someone who is having a hard time to go on initially.

Yes Shadow it is going to shift the power in favor of money spenders. And this is going to bring in more money to the game so that the developers and the owners would show some interest in the game. I think the interest from the owners is waning as the interest from new players is increasing. So we need to make it bit safer for the new players.

And moreover if you are smart and if you are good then you can always take down the huge money spender and ransom their fleet for serios rubies.

Times of Anarchy is here. Do not be the nice guy. It does not help. Be the dreaded monster and put everybody's fleet on ransom. :evil:
Last edited by fireonice on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

So i would like to suggest that we have a space port where we can sell and purchase ships for rubies.
Wow Im confused then since this is what you said in your very first post regarding this topic.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

Read it carefully.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.