SHIELDS

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Roberto

SHIELDS

Post by Roberto »

Ok, I am new to this specific game but I have experience in online-spreadsheet based attacking games.

The way shields are set up in this game needs to be changed a bit.

One thing I would like to say I am not taking anything away from any other player who has put in the time to gain mass fleets...

But I see one terribly wrong calculation for the game. Take for example this mock battle... 1000 ships with 25 attack power (like small fighters) attacks a ship with much higher shielding and armor (like a DS). Even though the shields are much higher for the DS than the combine attack power of the fighters, the fighters should still damage the DS.

for example.... the 1000 fighters 25 attack power would be negated not totally but 99%. leaving 1% of 20 attack power for the 1000 fighters would "bleed through" and damage the DS a LITTLE.

The current set up leaves everyone at the mercy of one player killing any fleet that gets 1/10 his size with almost zero losses...

And the current setup leaves no room for joint attacks to take down larger enemies, making the game almost completely a single player game with the use of alliances only keeping some players from attacking you.

thanks for listening to me. hope the suggestion is taking into consideration. :)

fireonice

Re: SHIELDS

Post by fireonice »

I think this is about time. That we take a look at the game mechanics. They need to be overhauled so that a realistic approach is possible. One ship can not target 1000 ships without suffering any damage. This is not possible in the real world. Even the Bismarck was sunk by inferior ships. Well the number of ships that did the job was more but everything that comes up goes down. So it would be wise if we do have these changes so that the game could be realistic in nature.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.

fusion

Post by fusion »

i think this is really good too but some larger player is going to say that there will be a deficit in the game
~fusion~
Yeah buddddy!

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

well there used to be something similar to this in the game but it was removed due to huge demand.

people were losing rips to shield domes and crap like that. also this would make rips pointless and making massive lf flets would be the norm

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

this especially hurt the new people since a lot of them lost thier first RIPs and things like that.

Roberto

Post by Roberto »

This needs implemented, and my friends already told me for putting this in the forum I am doomed by you. :(

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

dude trust me you would not like this... i saw something similar to this happen before nobody liked it. you only like it if you are the one that is getting attacked but when you need to do attacks you will feel the burn.

in another game they have it so lf and ll and all those small attacks do 0 damage vs strong shields like rips depending on the WSA of both players. so even 2mill light lasers would not touch a rip at all. and a million LF cant get through the RIP shields. and a lot of more people play another game then they do this game and they are much more skilled at it and they all love it.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

what if 1 mil LF flew into a ds at max speed in 1 concentrated spot.... each carring a nuke... lol

Hey theres an idea actually... Tactics... the ability to change the tactics of your fleet, like 4 settings... defensive, normal, aggressive, and suicidal. That would be kinda cool... so that basically the settings affect the values of each ship... like... on defensive, amor and shields are boosted by 50% while firepower is reduced 50%... and on aggressive, -25% sheild/armor +25% firepower... suicidal -50% A/S +50% firepower... reflecting that they are doing what it takes to get the job done reguardless of safety...

Also I wouldnt mind seeing a prioity list for fleets... like sending a fleet of LF to kill the enemies recyclers, and actually pushing for them to focus on the recyclers...

I thought the only way to take out a DS was to send 1 heavy fighter with an ace pilot...
,,,^o.o^,,,

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Cheshire Cat wrote:what if 1 mil LF flew into a ds at max speed in 1 concentrated spot.... each carring a nuke... lol

Hey theres an idea actually... Tactics... the ability to change the tactics of your fleet, like 4 settings... defensive, normal, aggressive, and suicidal. That would be kinda cool... so that basically the settings affect the values of each ship... like... on defensive, amor and shields are boosted by 50% while firepower is reduced 50%... and on aggressive, -25% sheild/armor +25% firepower... suicidal -50% A/S +50% firepower... reflecting that they are doing what it takes to get the job done reguardless of safety...

Also I wouldnt mind seeing a prioity list for fleets... like sending a fleet of LF to kill the enemies recyclers, and actually pushing for them to focus on the recyclers...

I thought the only way to take out a DS was to send 1 heavy fighter with an ace pilot...
Imagine...SBT with 600 Kamakazi Death Stars???? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :twisted: :lol: There would be enough DF to supply the whole game...cept..SBT would send his 2 mil Cargo ships to pick it up befoe anyone got there! :roll: :lol:
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Roberto

Post by Roberto »

SBT, all i am saying is you should quit... You have won the game... All your hard work and effort has paid off.

Time for a change of the guard.

No, but seriously... I will not post about this again after this message.

The game is flawed in the fact that you, SBT, can dominate completely... There is no chance for anyone to catch up unless you quit. And due to this fact, I think you should quit cause I do not see the fun in it for you bro. no competition. And isn't that what the game is all about?

The battle system must be changed for this simple reason I stated here. I will not pay to play a game there is no chance for me to be competitive with the top ranked players.