Advanced Shipyard

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
fireonice

Advanced Shipyard

Post by fireonice »

I would like to retrofit my smaller light fighter with small plasma cannons or rail gun which can reduce the speed but would increase the damage.

I think we can have an advanced ship yard after level 15. Which is going to allow us to make necessary changes to the armament on ships. I think everyone would like this option. Well i know it is going to make the game a little complicated but it would be good to see those options. I think everyone would like to see their ships close and with the armaments.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.

evillittleweirdguy

Re: Advanced Shipyard

Post by evillittleweirdguy »

Heck yeah!
Awesome.

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

would this allow any types of upgrades a person has researched or just simple upgrades available from a list?

if its basics from a list would they all be 1 stat improved while another lowers? ie:

attack for speed
speed for defense
defense for cargo
cargo for attack

would this only work for 1 stat type per ship, or would you be able to do multiple upgrades?

also would this be for all ships of a certain type meaning an upgrade to light fighters now means all new light fighers you build have this upgrade? or would you have normal light fighters and upgraded light fighters, and how would you tell the difference?

I really like the idea of being able to customize ships...but it needs to be fleshed out
HELP!

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

Well as you can see you opened a can of worms. It's obvious that if you retro fit to small fighters, every fighter would have it. The reason is due to the fact that what if you retro 30 small fighters on planet "a" and then you send them to say planet "b", the game auto adds them together so there is no way to segregate from the retro fitted and the not.

You are on to something here though. This could open a deeper dimension to the shipyard. What i mean is, you know how when you research your lab, the higher the lab the more things you can research, well, the higher the shipyard maybe there could be an auto retro that swaps the lower level ship for a higher new advanced ship. But here again they wouldnt be the same on all planets unless this was a new research option only, and it somhow effected everyshipyard once it's triggered.

So, say I want to retro a plasma to my small fighters, If in the research lab I already have the ability to have plasmas, I might have to get them up to lvl 20 in order for lvl 21 to auto change the shipyards. small fighters with only plasmas.

Not sure they would take up the coding challenge for this but you sure opened a can of worms, I am sure it would be used to maybe slow down the higher ranked players a bit too, but just remember, they now will be even more powerful.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

Kamdot wrote:It's obvious that if you retro fit to small fighters, every fighter would have it. The reason is due to the fact that what if you retro 30 small fighters on planet "a" and then you send them to say planet "b", the game auto adds them together so there is no way to segregate from the retro fitted and the not.
what if some were Light Fighters, some were 'Light Lighters Mod A(-Z depending on modification)' or 'Light Fighters Mod 2(again or higher depending on type of modifications)'

like you said it would be a coding challenge, but it would mean more ships without actually having to add more ships

but then again, it could also get confusing...and there already isn't any help for new players in the game

and if it were all ships, I'm sure the programmers will just say do your researches(10% atk/arm/shld per level) although its not quite the same
HELP!

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

fireonice wrote:I would like to retrofit my smaller light fighter with small plasma cannons or rail gun which can reduce the speed but would increase the damage.

I think we can have an advanced ship yard after level 15. Which is going to allow us to make necessary changes to the armament on ships. I think everyone would like this option. Well i know it is going to make the game a little complicated but it would be good to see those options. I think everyone would like to see their ships close and with the armaments.
:o :shock: :o Yeah!! Brilliant Idea...Give SBT,Marciano and the rest at the top..stronger weapons/ships...The little guy's under level 15 can get slaughtered even quicker...Sbt and the like won't need battle ships...Just 100,000 Light fighters with "rail guns"...cheaper and more powerful!!
All very good coming up with these ideas...But everyone forgets..one hat fits all...At the moment all ships and weapons are equal ..It's the number of them that makes the difference...it must stay that way if everyone is to have an equal chance in this game...where the difference is..is the ability to build more ships than your opponents..thereby becoming more powerful...and that's what we have now! We need ideas to keep the playing field equal..not give advantage to those at the top already! :twisted:
The only way I can see an advantage in the above..is if there was a 2nd Universe..where This Universe went to WAR against the second...This whole Game and all members of it against another universe/game where either could chose it's own weapons/ship etc..Perhaps when the new universe is built...The players here could choose which Universe to side with..and let the battle begin!! Each Universe has it's own weapons/ships..with different specifications to the other??? Rather than this one and it's members...raid Uni 2...Form a Coalition of United Alliances Vs. a Federation of Galactic Alliances in Universe ll...All things being equall ..ofcourse! :D
A Roll of Honour for the top players on both sides...a ranking of only one Universe against the other..Universe 1 (XXXX points) Universe 2 (XXXX points). All Alliances then are working toward the downfall of the opposing Universe together! Rather than 100 Alliances trying to kill eachother..Unite them against another 100 Alliances! Allways room for Espionage,Deception and Skullduggery! :lol: Just another thought..The top two players lead the Universe's...that would give them an opportuinity to prove how good they really are?? They also would have the choice which Universe to lead?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

cpu

Post by cpu »

battle recyclers !

NoobNeedsHelp

Post by NoobNeedsHelp »

Ryurik wrote:All very good coming up with these ideas...But everyone forgets..one hat fits all...At the moment all ships and weapons are equal ..It's the number of them that makes the difference...it must stay that way if everyone is to have an equal chance in this game...where the difference is..is the ability to build more ships than your opponents..thereby becoming more powerful...and that's what we have now! We need ideas to keep the playing field equal..not give advantage to those at the top already! :twisted:
what about research?

I just did a sim with level 15 researches against no research 1 light fighter versus another and it ended in a tie...

then I did it with level 10 researches against no research 10 on 10...and of course the 10 with level 10's are all still there and the other 10 are gone

so while number of ships matter, research sort of matters more and those at the top already have the advantage from research...

this would just add a different way to play the game as it means whoever has the most isn't always going to be the winner...its the person who has the best

and heres a 5 on 5 with level 5 researches versus no research:
The attacker has won the battle !
You receive 0 units of Metal, 0 units of Crystal and 0 units of Deuterium.
The attacker has lost a total of 0 units.
The defender has lost a total of 15.000 units.
A debris field containing 4.500 units of Metal and 4.500 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.

Report created in 0.000810861587524 seconds

so weapons and ships already aren't the same, and higher ups already have the advantage there...how abut a chess metaphor this is more like taking a knight(light fighter) and turning it into a bishop or a rook, and depending on how you and your opponent play you either made a great move or a horrible one
HELP!

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Especially ...if you move the bishop like a knight!LOL..What you posted above..I hope you didn't use the battle sim??? it is useless!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

The only way I can see an advantage in the above..is if there was a 2nd Universe..where This Universe went to WAR against the second...
Okay lets call the first universe Noob Central, a place to get your feet wet and learn.
Now then we can call the second universe A Call of Honor to fight for good or evil.

What would be cool is if everyone could send ships via a black hole to the second universe. The only draw back is you can never have those ships return from the 2nd universe to the 1st. Every ship type sent from universe 1 to universe 2 would then auto refitted with a level up weapon on 1 starter planet. The number of planets allowed to have in universe 2 would be the same but everything in the second universe would be of a higher cost to keep noobs from simply joining the 2nd universe straight away. You have to earn your wings to get their.

We could still play universe one and always be able to continuasly send ships from universe 1 to universe 2. For people who play alot or a little, the decision to master universe 1, 2, or both is now an issue, and I think if you have a player like SBT who only logs on for a limited time per day vs someone who is online all day and is a lower ranked player, we might see a change in ranks depending on who plays where and the time dedicated to claiming the number one spot in each universe.

I think we all agree, being able to upgrade the ships would be cool.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it