debris fields

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Kamdot

debris fields

Post by Kamdot »

I am thinking of a new type of strategic battle scheme. I am thinking of setting a trap, bait if you will. The only thing is, I want to send recyclers filled with material from a planet back into space and I want to be able to make the DF at any coords where there is a planet, even if it's not my own planet. Along with the recyclers I want to be able to send my defending fleet. Once the DF is made, the recyclers and defending ships stick around, (undetectable if sent by moons, detectable if sent by planets) untill the pre selected space defend time runs down, and the recyclers re-collect the df, and the fleet heads back to it's original deployment location, (moon or planet). During the defending time, if someone comes to recycle the df, (be it a fleet or just recyclers), a battle will take place. The obvious risk is that someone comes along with an even bigger fleet and takes out whomever set the trap, otherwise, the defending trap layer, wins every attampt made by people wanting to recycle making the DF even bigger.

So, say someone want to send an undetectable fleetsave and at the same time set a DF-Trap, they simply send material from a moon using recyclers, to create a debris field along with a huge fleet. If they want to be detectable they send a fleet and material loaded recyclers from a planet at the same time to a set of coords to make a df. What makes them detectable is by using phalanx from a moon, so even a detectable trap could be undetectable if sent from a planet where there might not be an opponent close with a moon that has phalanx to see that they sent a fleet from the moon.

Everyone would think twice, not knowing if a debris field from this time on is defended. Also, say FOI places a DF over my planet Acious and he has a fleet defending it, I would never know if it's defended if sent via a moon or planet, even using phalanx if I had a moon at the same location.

With a moon you are able to fleetsave to a DF by including Recyclers in the fleet, while you are able to do this from a planet, when you do it from a moon the fleet is undetectable by Phalanx. The only vulnerable time is when it sits on your moon. This allows for some very handy fleetsaving over long distances. Just think what fun it would be to actually set traps too!
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

Gator

Re: debris fields

Post by Gator »

I have thought about setting traps using DF also, however I think that if there is a way to set a trap, there should be a way to detect the trap.

I thought how nice it would be that after I trapped and crashed a fleet sent to my planet, I could also send a fleet to protect the debris field. Time it so that my fleet would be at the debris field a second or two after the attack happened. There by preventing a fleet of recyclers from showing up a few seconds afterward and taking the debris, they would actually be making it bigger when their recyclers are crashed.

The person attempting to do the recycling would have to determine what the risk is, and send attacking ships along with his recycling ships when collecting the debris field. I like the idea, it would set this game apart from others and provide a whole new line of strategic thinking.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Crutch

Post by Crutch »

Interesting Concept. Adding more strategy to the game is always fun.

I was thinking of also being able to have your ships orbit an enemies planet, waiting for any fleets to arrive. Kind of like waiting out a fleet save. Then again, if that same planet gets attacked, your fleet is the one they encounter first.

But if we did that, fleet saving would be dead, and I love fleet saving.... lets stick to your idea. LOL

Kamdot

Post by Kamdot »

LOL glad you like the idea.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it