ESPIONAGE RISKS

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Gator

ESPIONAGE RISKS

Post by Gator »

An issue has been brought to our attention that it is possible to lose an entire fleet during an espionage mission (some people were already aware of this as it is not new). We have all lost our espionage ships during those missions and have accepted it as part of the risks. However, Marciano sent a rather large fleet with all sorts of ships on an espionage mission, and due to the games variables the risk of losing those ships was the same and they were destroyed. I suppose that if the moon he sent that fleet to was defended, or had a fleet, his ships deserved to be lost. In this case he said that the moon was empty and undefended. His argument is that the loss of his fleet is an actual impossibility, and I agree with him. I suggest that we request that the game be changed so that this cannot happen in the future. Perhaps Serious can prevent any ship other than espionage ships on espionage missions, or treat an espionage mission ***that has accompanying ships*** as an actual attack. In the latter instance, the ships run the risks of being destroyed if there are defenses or fleets in place to destroy them.

Are there any other players that have an opinion in this matter?

Serious, is this change even possible? If it is, what would you require to implement it?
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Kamdot

Re: ESPIONAGE RISKS

Post by Kamdot »

tell him to log onto the moon and then go to the galaxy and pick one of his own planets and select it, have him select deploy, or transport. If he sent ships to his MOON, they should still be their, and he will see them and be able to re-deploy them off the moon.

The moon will not show ships that are deplyed and parked at the moon.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

Gator

Post by Gator »

I guess I wasnt clear enough, he didn't send his fleet to his moon, but someone else's on an espionage mission.
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Liam_Jay

Post by Liam_Jay »

i would likw to see this being changed but i can't see it happening

fireonice

Post by fireonice »

Last time when i played Battle of Serios as madeye i lost my ships on an espionage mission like this. I lost my whole fleet and the developers would not give me my ships back. I really felt bad about it and stopped playing. I thought this issue would have been fixed. I do not know what is happening and why are the game developers turning a blind eye towards this.
Anything left behind will roll over to my ship yard.

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

Why would anyone send a whole fleet on an espionage mission?? Espionage ships..(need only one!) are for espionage...unless his intention was to conceal his fleet to attack under cover..in which case deserves his fleet to be taken...not easy to pass this off as a "mistake" ...Marciano has been around long enough to know what he was doing...he sent his fleet in some sort of ninja attack and it did'nt work...no great loss...B+ for effort!
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!

Gator

Post by Gator »

Ryurik wrote:Why would anyone send a whole fleet on an espionage mission?? Espionage ships..(need only one!) are for espionage...unless his intention was to conceal his fleet to attack under cover..in which case deserves his fleet to be taken...not easy to pass this off as a "mistake" ...Marciano has been around long enough to know what he was doing...he sent his fleet in some sort of ninja attack and it did'nt work...no great loss...B+ for effort!
The ninja hit a moon! I agree he should have known better than to send a fleet on a long espionage mission in an effort to fleetsave at the same time. That still does not mean that this situation could not be avoided by changing the game a bit. ONLY ALLOW ESPIONAGE SHIPS ON ESPIONAGE MISSIONS.

Crutch

Post by Crutch »

fireonice wrote:Last time when i played Battle of Serios as madeye i lost my ships on an espionage mission like this. I lost my whole fleet and the developers would not give me my ships back. I really felt bad about it and stopped playing. I thought this issue would have been fixed. I do not know what is happening and why are the game developers turning a blind eye towards this.
I know it might seem that way, however please keep a few things in mind.

If its broken, its equally broken. (probably doesn't make much sense)

Secondly, this game is still a work in progress. They are working very hard to finish many things, so its hard for them to start on other projects with so many still in the works.

With that said, voicing your opinion, does make a difference. The staff wants your opinion, and does take all ideas or problems into consideration. :)

Ryurik

Post by Ryurik »

The little elves are hammering as we speak! :lol:
May your God save you from the wrath of the Norseman!
Arm yourself! For I come with one of them Lasers (Imma Firin It) thingies in hand to lead you to Valhalla!