In-Game Calculator

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Pravus

In-Game Calculator

Post by Pravus »

I dont know about anyone else, but Im always having to start up calc.exe or find my calculator to find out just how much resources will be needed to build this or that, or several different things at once, calculate %'s for speed, weapons, shields, armor, etc. I think it would be kinda cool to have an in-game calculator for this. Would also be nice to just have a page showing what your current bonuses are and how much the are affecting things like weapons, shields, etc. For example if you have Combustion Engine research to a certain level and receive a certain % speed increase because of this, you could just plug in the numbers for a certain ship and find just how fast its going (or will go if you plan to increase your research level).

Sadbutrue

Re: In-Game Calculator

Post by Sadbutrue »

for costs usually there is a number under the cost in red that will tell you how much res you are missing to buy the building or research

Gator

Post by Gator »

Yea, numbers in red, duh!... An in game calculator is a great idea. I'm always having to do math, simplifying it with a calculator would be awesome!
The response time for a 911 call is approximately 4 minutes.....the response time for a .45 ACP hollow point is 930 feet per second....any questions?

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

also i have a real calculator on my table that i can do math on which is even more convenient. also if you want an online calc use google you can find many.

as for an ingame calc it can be useful but i am not sure how it would be added so its actually user friendly

Pravus

Post by Pravus »

Sadbutrue wrote:also i have a real calculator on my table that i can do math on which is even more convenient. also if you want an online calc use google you can find many.

as for an ingame calc it can be useful but i am not sure how it would be added so its actually user friendly
Yeah I have a calculator too, also have calc.exe in Windows. I was thinking of a little more than just adding a calculator though. Id like to see something where you can put in a base value, percentages for certain levels of tech research, and get the total for speed, weapons, armor, shields, etc. Like maybe click on (for example) Battleship... It throws in the base speed (we will use speed in this example), add the percent increase you get for having your research in that type engine to whatever level, and then give you a total of how fast that particular ship will go. It could also be used with weapons and other things. You could also plug in numbers to see how fast or tough or powerful it might be if you research a few more levels higher. I dunno, personally I just keep track of everything in a little composition book, but I think it would be a good idea for the game. And I dont think it would be too hard to make it user friendly.