You got an awesome idea ? Let us know

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
Crutch

Re: You got an awesome idea ? Let us know

Post by Crutch »

One way to change the way battle takes place is to completely change the way Espionage or ranks work.

For instance, instead of basing espionage reports off research, you can let defenses make more of a difference. The rank 555 guy with 300 missile launchers has the chance of completely stopping the rank 14 guy who only sends 1 ship. This adds risk. Risk to the accuracy of a report, and even the possibility of success.

Another words, with enough world defenses, even powerful players will be unlikely to get an accurate reading of your planet or defenses. Why would that be important? Balance.

This will encourage risks with an undetermined reward. So far you have more powerful players easily attacking weaker ones, as their spys always have accurate reports even if a few ships are lost. The weaker ones are unable to "spy" on the more powerful players unless they beat the technology tree, which wont happen to any novice RTS gamer. (lets be honest, this is one of the most important things to level up)

My point is this. Two things stop real combat or risk oriented combat in this game. The ranking system which tells someone who they can't possibly defeat, and the unveiling of an opponents defenses. 99% of every player uses the simulator to know what they can and cant send to win. Then they send a little extra as they know it's off by just a bit. This further turns away new players as they don't want to be farmed, and it is again geared towards the vet players.

If someone started today, what chance do they have against someone in the top 100? None. Give them a week, would anything change? IMHO no.

TheCrusader

Post by TheCrusader »

hehe ive been reading through all game ideas, people have said no this no to that, because of blah blah, now this idea should seriously be considered :) and it wouldnt change the game in anyway it would still be serios as previous complaints about ideas point out (introducing land troops etc) (ive only been playing 24hr and i know thats silly)
it would just change game play and then even (just a feeling) sadbuttrue will have to put on his game face :p hehe (well im guessing hes top dog)
The Crusader fights on, with wings of justice, watch them spread in the name of honour, and in the name of our legion

bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Missile Silo on a moon?

+ my idea's r simple
its all in the timeing :D get it right and its worth that lil bit of work

bubbles

Post by bubbles »

bubbles wrote:if a play becomes inative the research of that player shud be disabled so lower ranked member have a chance to attack bigger players ???

but still its first come first served :)

i meen attack bigger inative players
its all in the timeing :D get it right and its worth that lil bit of work

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

Elmstreet666 wrote:I am the only one that wish the battle sim would be a little more user friendly. Like have a back page or a way to copy and paste a report. I mean, if you put something in the wrong spot or see a result that you dont like. You have to start all over and put everything back in it you want to twick something. All I am saying is that I would like it to be a little more user friendly
i absolutely agree... even having the sim pop up on another page and leave the numbers you imputed would be great. i dont like having losses but i also dont want to send too many ships so i have to try a few values to find a good balance. I would like to see a sim button next to attack on the spy reports that would auto input the values in the spy report into the battle sim. i know its not complicated to do but i am sure it would take time. I know we should be happy we have a sim of the battle engine but why not make it more user friendly.

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

Crutch wrote:One way to change the way battle takes place is to completely change the way Espionage or ranks work.

For instance, instead of basing espionage reports off research, you can let defenses make more of a difference. The rank 555 guy with 300 missile launchers has the chance of completely stopping the rank 14 guy who only sends 1 ship. This adds risk. Risk to the accuracy of a report, and even the possibility of success.

Another words, with enough world defenses, even powerful players will be unlikely to get an accurate reading of your planet or defenses. Why would that be important? Balance.

This will encourage risks with an undetermined reward. So far you have more powerful players easily attacking weaker ones, as their spys always have accurate reports even if a few ships are lost. The weaker ones are unable to "spy" on the more powerful players unless they beat the technology tree, which wont happen to any novice RTS gamer. (lets be honest, this is one of the most important things to level up)

My point is this. Two things stop real combat or risk oriented combat in this game. The ranking system which tells someone who they can't possibly defeat, and the unveiling of an opponents defenses. 99% of every player uses the simulator to know what they can and cant send to win. Then they send a little extra as they know it's off by just a bit. This further turns away new players as they don't want to be farmed, and it is again geared towards the vet players.

If someone started today, what chance do they have against someone in the top 100? None. Give them a week, would anything change? IMHO no.
imo you dont know what you are talking about. spy tech makes sense. the more advanced the technology the harder it is to counter and detect. the ranking does not tell you anything in this game. i am one of the only people in the top 10 with a fleet. the rest are there on building points. that means that they are easy pickings for you people. just because someone has a higher rank does not make them better. i would not suggest messing with me since i will stomp you out but the rest of the people dont even know how to play really. they dont have a fleet since i smash it when ever it gets my attention and if you are smart and want to get big you can.

unit43

Post by unit43 »

For the sim. Safari and I believe Google Chrome save the imput when you hit back so you can sim a couple times without imputing it many times. Id like to see a simulate button on the reports, even if its only for plus members.

Kamdot

I got an awesome idea ? I'm letting you know

Post by Kamdot »

I have an idea that involves the research section. I know the game already has a NOTES section, but I would like to see a note box within each 'Research Technology box Type', like weapons, shields etc., so I can make notes to myself, and have them auto show as the page loads to remind myself of certain things I want to accomplish, or for secret info I might want to put their, and maybe change or remove later.

Another idea I have involves the creation of NPC planets. I don't want NPC planets that can be farmed for material like metal and the like, I would rather have NPC planets called something like Alien planets, that we as a universe visit to search for unknown metals or learn Alien technology secrets that give individual players research sections a boost depending on the Alien technology a player wants to improve or master. Alien Technology Secrets, or Alien Metals would simply be awarded by something similar to the moon creation formula. Players would have to send maybe a colony ship and choose before undocking weather to search for Alien metals or Alien technology. If awarded with finding Alien metals, deeds would show up within that players research section showing an amount of the metal to be awarded to the player once the player has a matching Alien technology deed needed to then farm the material. Unlimited deeds of metal can be accumulated. This might even make way for a universal trade system where players can buy, and sell deeds to each other, as well as buying and selling Alien technology, to build specialized ships to mine the metals awarded in the deeds.

I know this is a wild and way out there idea, but what the heck, I'm shooing for the stars hoping maybe even a small part of anything I said takes hold, so don't be afraid to pick this apart and make great conversation on what you like or dislike.
Nothing is as Serios as you make it

Crutch

Post by Crutch »

Sadbutrue wrote:imo you dont know what you are talking about. spy tech makes sense. the more advanced the technology the harder it is to counter and detect. the ranking does not tell you anything in this game. i am one of the only people in the top 10 with a fleet. the rest are there on building points. that means that they are easy pickings for you people. just because someone has a higher rank does not make them better. i would not suggest messing with me since i will stomp you out but the rest of the people dont even know how to play really. they dont have a fleet since i smash it when ever it gets my attention and if you are smart and want to get big you can.

This section is for game ideas, not trash talking. I encourage everyone to post ANY ideas they have to game development, be them in your opinion good or bad. I want to encourage participation from all players.

In regards to the rank system
The rank system does imply a certain level of power. Someone who has the ability to make a RIP in 2 hours verse a slightly new person having 1000 battle ships is no contest. Sure the guy sends his fleet. The vet is alerted 4 hours before the fleet hits (as they will have lower speed tech) and he has a Death stars waiting before he is half way across the galaxy.

In regards to spying.
Your need to be able to track the progress of others is self motivated. Its not a bad idea, its one that disrupts your comfort zone of megalomania. In order for you to track potential threats you use (abuse) the rank system and Skill tree. In order to keep power, you use the in game system to track other players. This solely benefits you, and that in my opinion is an in game flaw.

You specifically are the reason its broken. ;) ( don't mean that as an insult but as a fact) Your ability to track people who are potentially gaining to much power, keeps you at the rank you are at. Besides a large army, and well defended planets, you have 100% accurate intel, while others are never able to do the same. They will never know if your fleet is guarding a planet, or if their ships are enough to counter your defenses unless they blindly send their fleets. I can see why you would want to keep that, however for the grand picture, I think the majority is benefited by a little more balance.

In real life, risk equals reward, and Technology doesn't always equal victory.

If you knew anyone who has served in Iraq. A 70 year old land mine and a cell phone are being used to blow up 120 million dollar armored vehicles. Something tells me in the real life Tech Tree, the Insurgents aren't all that high up. I think its fair to say they are doing a very effective job at battling us Americans. Smaller groups are more easily able to improvise.

Secondly the more advanced a race, the more spread out you would be. The larger the empire the more borders you defend. The more populace you have roaming the galaxy, the more avenues of infiltration. Its simply logical that intel would be much easier obtained on larger empires then smaller ones.

I think Benjamin Franklin Said it best. Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. The more people, the more loose lips.

My idea adds realism, balance, and a chance for new people which will in turn bring in more players. The current system in my opinion doesn't make real world sense, and isn't new player friendly. In the end I think the majority of players and this game itself would do better at giving newer people a chance.

Besides, wouldn't it be cooler to be in the top Ten of Thousands of people as opposed to hundreds?

Sadbutrue

Post by Sadbutrue »

you can counter the spy tech with more probes.... many people probed me before. also my planets are not that well defended but i have moons and i am active. you just have to send more probes to see what i have as a defense or if i have ships on the planet. in space technology matters since i imagine the level of tech is not so linear but like all technology improves exponentially. like computers.

in iraq you are not getting the picture. there is a difference in technology but there is also a difference in numbers and bombs are bombs. the americans and iraqi people are both using guns which are the same thing. so they are on the same level just more training.

I think research is more like a different generation of tech. like you dont see ied's taking out bombers or satelites they only kill the grunts on the ground. you just want to make some weir dynamic in the game that would work against me? i had to cut many throats on my way up to the top and i will cut many more to stay on top. this game is about planning and about proper time management. when i was outside the top 30 i crashed the #1 guy since his fleet was split up and then i crashed the rest of zarkov and he was so scared that he never made another fleet and is a turtle now. even if i was erased right now i would make my way back to the top since i know how to play and the rest of you dont. i am on top not because i have some weird megalomania or that i am on the game 24/7 i dont even play a whole hour daily

edit:

as for the loose lips i am playing alone. i dont have an alliance which is more applicable to your analogy. i have used spies in alliances and use them now so any big movements against me i know about before the plan is finished and i usually influence the plan myself through different people. everyone in the game gets 21 planets so i dont see why my planets should be weaker then someone that did not spend any money on tech or buildings or fleets? many people in this world risk it all for nothing so risk is not always reward. high risk should give high reward but only if you are smart since you should not take a big risk without appropriate reward. just because you are risking it all does not mean anything if you have nothing to risk. i would rather have 1000 bs then 2 rips. there is taking a risk and there is suicide. if you are not smart enough to see the difference then you wont last in the game.