Intercepting Fleets

You have an idea for the game ? Let us know here!
KennethWolf36

Intercepting Fleets

Post by KennethWolf36 »

Intercepting a Fleet when heading towards ur planet and only towards ur planet. When the fleet is attacking, their should be a space battle in space not only on planets

Info: when the fleet is heading to attack, when intercepting u must send a fleet that could wipe out the fleet heading ur way or else its still gonna come.

How it shouldn't work: the fleet does not retreat unless the attacker oders a retreat. When being intercepted when attacker Retreats the defenders fleet returns from mission automatically.

How it should work: when attacker is attacking and the defender decides to intercept and the fleet was successfully destroyed, debris ends up in the attackers planet where the attack was approaching from. If the attack isn't driven off the attack will still move forward towards the coordinations. And the attack reports will say the fleet was unsuccessful in being destroyed.

The only time u can intercept is when you are being attacked. And the attacker knows when the fleet is being intercepted I'm the overview and when it'll be intercepted so decision is up to the attacked if player should keep moving forward or withdraw. The defenders intercepting fleet will also be forced to withdraw unless it'll want to get los in space.

The intercepting is a risky move but also a good one

The rest I'm still thinking it out.
Weaklings are weak no matter they're numbers! Prepare to be Dominated!

klitschko1

Re: Intercepting Fleets

Post by klitschko1 »

i think this is a gd idea but would make the game more interesting if we could intercept fleet goin to other planets other thn the current method where we have to hold on a planet an wait for fleet to hit

but instaed of makin it so tht u can go an take any random fleet only have tyhe option to intercept fleets tht are attackin ur alliance members this could be good cos if no one is able to reach ur planet in time for an acs defend thn maybe they will be able to reach co ords midflight an attack the fleet even if not destroyin it totally but just weaken it so tht the defender will stand more of a chance and any df tht is left will be left in the system of where the battle took place

so for instance lets say player A attacks player B

Player A lauchs frm 2:150 and attackin 2:250 (Player B) if any of the aliance members were unable to get to the defenders planet they may be able to head the attackin fleet off or if they are fast enough give chase an fire upon said fleet there fore destroyin it or weakening it lest say battle took place in 2:200 the df would be left there an either or the parties in volved would have to send rys behind the attack just like normal an whn battle is opver cos ur rys will be right behind it will be hand to pick up any df straight away
May God Have Mercy On Your Soul

Homo_astro

Post by Homo_astro »

I am not convinced of the usefulness of this idea. If you have the fleet to destroy the attacker, why not just ninja the attacking fleet on your own planet or moon rather than giving him a chance to save his fleet? A ninja uses less fuel, produces a DF conveniently close (granted, presumably the attacker's recs are already on the way and indeed if they are timed well enough they might still take the DF before the defender can) and has the backing of any defense present at the target.

Aside from that, I think coding would be a difficult and probably prohibitive issue here. You have to send a fleet to specific co-ords. How would the co-ords and time of the interception be determined?

KennethWolf36

Post by KennethWolf36 »

Homo_astro wrote:I am not convinced of the usefulness of this idea. If you have the fleet to destroy the attacker, why not just ninja the attacking fleet on your own planet or moon rather than giving him a chance to save his fleet? A ninja uses less fuel, produces a DF conveniently close (granted, presumably the attacker's recs are already on the way and indeed if they are timed well enough they might still take the DF before the defender can) and has the backing of any defense present at the target.

Aside from that, I think coding would be a difficult and probably prohibitive issue here. You have to send a fleet to specific co-ords. How would the co-ords and time of the interception be determined?
I understand what u mean but in the overview of the game. U can see the attacking fleet heading ur way. Well u know how u can click on the red lettering(of the attacker) ur able to see what the attackers sending, well what if u click where it says fleet in the red lettering and once it shows u the fleet. It should go e u an option to intercept.

And Ranger2011, the idea u are giving about the alliance is unfair and to strict as a battle. When intercepting I can understand a ACS Interception wbu not that lol sorry :D
Weaklings are weak no matter they're numbers! Prepare to be Dominated!