This thread is for people to

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Jett

This thread is for people to

Post by Jett »

contribute short stories about scifi topics, feel free to add your story here, let me be the first to add one

Jett

Re: This thread is for people to

Post by Jett »

White Knights pilot turned the behemoth to hard starboard to get a good bead with the rail guns, the pirate ship Abbadon’s blackened hull was hard to distinguish in space but the lack of stars was an effective outline, gunners waited for the order to fire, Admiral Kolza watched the screen his left eye was starting its tic we knew he wasn’t nervous though this was his battle tic.
"FIRE" He roared, spittle flying outward in a slow arc towards the screen, the grav floor couldn’t capture it.
Drones spun out of their tight orbits and focused on the pirate ships weaponry, various light beams burst from the Abbadons turrets a bright thick light sliced drones in half and burned across White Knights hull leaving dark scars, the comm channels lit up with damage reports, returning fire with medium lasers, a bank of Spacemen controlled various lasers, one of them in particular had caught Captain Tezzen’s eye, he had already managed to kill 14 drones in the space of two spans(approx two minutes) Gunner Mekken was not panicked like some of the other Gunner’s while they tracked and chased with lasers and drones, The computers controlled most aspects of the combat, Mekken didn’t appear to need any help, He was almost smiling in his work.
The two giants battled for half cycle with neither gaining advantage until Abbadon landed a lucky shot on White Knight’s impulse drive rendering it unable to turn to port effectively, Abbadon quickly took advantage turning about to stay out of range of the rail guns while tucking itself into White Knight’s blind spot White Knight was unable to turn fast enough, so attempted to turn the opposite way, the dance went on for another cycle until Abbadon landed a shot deep in the shuttle bay causing a large explosion, completely disabling White Knight .
Kazzul appeared on the comm screen, he seemed smug and had a hook attached to his hand obviously referring to the old Urt pirates in pre intergalactic travel.
"So you see you are DEAD, now surrender that I may preserve your life and absorb your resources, further delay will cause me to damage my new ship"
Shaking his hook at the screen he looked properly threatening, but Kolza was having none of it.
"You won’t get a chance to absorb anything" he said
Kolza glanced at the self destruct controls, a tic was developing in his left nostril and lip.
"NO!" Kazzul pulled his patch up over his eye so he could look directly into Kolza’s eyes "Wait I will grant you and your crew their freedom" that was all he had a chance to say.
behind White Knight a wormhole had appeared, materializing from it a frigate roared into the gravity well of the uninhabited terran world, full thrusters and rail guns blazing Lost Angel had arrived appearing from out of nowhere the huge ship launched every beam and weapon in its substantial arsenal, focusing on the weakened underbelly of Abbadon, he closed in as if to ram, but instead dropped a slew of anti matter mines right in its path, Kazzuls face contorted to fear then rage as he screamed to reverse course, it was however too late, clearing the blast zone Lost Angel prepared for jump out of the system, he had no intention of getting caught in White Knight’s tractor beams.
"Haler STOP" Kolza spewed into the comm trying to slow Haler long enough to use tractor beams on his ship, anti warp took too long to activate and Lost Angel was the fastest of its breed.
Abbadon was enclosed in explosions and white lights of anti matter energy, The pirate had bigger things to worry about.
"Admiral one of these days you will know what really happened in that battle, but not today" Captain Haler’s face faded from the comm screen.
Lost Angel disappeared into the wormhole.
Last edited by Jett on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

nice mahn youre good :mrgreen:

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

The Despot sat in his command chair of the command nexus on Mondas, eyes fixed on a storm raging above the sea of sulphorous acid surrounding his island retreated, listening to an ancient Terran recording of Rachmaninov playing his third piano concerto. All the time sipping from a large flagon of tea whilst idly stroking Loki, the evil looking Trakanian Shredder that was usually to be found nestled in his lap, growling affectionately.

He relaxed, enjoying the tranquility and sheer perfection of his surroundings, his loved one everpresent beside him. The two constantly monitored their Empires through neural interfaces, supervising the development of their Protectorates whilst co-ordinating their armadas in their unceasing wars to pacify the neighbouring systems. The Universe was well on the way to knowing peace, in the only way that peace was ever known. Through the omnipresent threat of fatal retaliation should sentient bear arms against sentient.

All was well. A few would be rivals had declared wars against the Despot, and the Guardians to whom he had pledged his loyalty. None of these so called wars had amounted to much. Emerald green lightning flashed through the atmosphere, as reports came in from his shipyards. Plans were proceeding perfectly. The whole empire was now protected by the newly invented Plasma Turrets. Shield generators protected the missile siloes housing the Pasanda class Stellar Warheads, and the cloaked satellites containing Ionic Pulsars designed to detonate incoming warheads were in a stable orbit.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Post by Despot »

(I will continue this, it is semi autobiographical. Loki is a rather mean looking, but cute, cat that is about to dance her merry jig on my keyboard which is not hugely condusive to drafting works of narrative semi-fiction)
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

Jett

Post by Jett »

good story!

Rictavius
Location: The Seychelles Island , a unique place on this planet

Post by Rictavius »

A Young man stumble across the dunes of red sand his legs ached with the strain of tenfold pain, a face cracked and bruised by the lack of water to drink and bath. His mouth gasped as he crumpled like a discarded piece of paper onto the baking sands, the winds howls as the sky rumble and ground shook with fury, trebling the rocks and pebbles. His battered face looked up at the awesome sight above him, a golden ship glowed forth radiating wonder and superiority. The man blinked hardly believing what he was seeing all the years of ridicule and neglect for his theories were now meaningless, he had found the Gods of old, the ones who shaped mankind's destiny on the earth and now here they were before his very eyes.
His trembling hands dove into the pouch that he carried and tried only to fish his camera but only to have his heart sunk by the stunning realization he had traded it away for a mere litre of water, all he could do was watch as the roaring mechanical beast slowly descended to the sands , its struts hissed as they moved whining in protests of use, clunking with the contact of the ground and billowed steam from the depths.
The explorer lurched to his feet and stumbled his way forward in pure desperation , yelling and waving his arm frantically as though possessed with the wreaths of madness, figure shimmer in view as they walked the gantry to the surface and the ragged man stumbled and fell at their feet , they shuffled and scurried towards him bemused and curious to what he was or why he was here.
The man gasped and croaked as one of the being touched his hand delicately , "water... please"
the carer gesture and a flask of some sort was brought by another and given to the carer who held it gently to the dying man's lips as he took greedy sips and cough at the unfamiliar sensation he felt , but surely as he drunk the liquid life drew again in his body, tingling his skin and soothed his bones. He explorer coughed and smiled and he felt energy build up in his tired body, one being watched over and spoke tenderly as though a female,
"stranger?, what is your name"
the explorer looked up and took a breath still stunned by the beings that had taken him in their care, and he spoke defiantly " My name is Rictavius and I have been asking question and searching for answers for a long time"
The alien smiled and spoke,"come" and she lifted him to his feet with strain and held his hand as they walked slowly up the gantry of the Golden Ship , and from that moment on Rictavius knew that Earth would be a different place now.
If man only sees its pure potential, we could dominate the Galaxy

Jett

Post by Jett »

Very original and interesting tale, for both of you guys who posted a story you should consider writing something to submit to one of the sci fi mags like Analog,
http://www.analogsf.com/0909/issue_09.shtml

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

you guys are good i would think myself reasonable at stories (except punctuation as despot noted) but i think ill pass incase i embaress myself

divkeays

Post by divkeays »

ill give it a shot actually
as emperor dave of the republic of dave sat upon his throne a messenger ran in screaming news sire ive got news as dave read the piece of paper he noticed punctuation all over the page he raised his hand and slapped the messenger and roared you DARE bring punctuation into my halls you worthless piece of **** he then pulled out a plasma pistol and shot the messengers head of then sat back in his throne and attempted to read the message his eyes widened in shock as he read the last word and had a heart attack and died the end