What's your favourite book?

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Despot
Location: Heading to your neck of the woods, after several bearsize portions of Vindaloo.

Re: What's your favourite book?

Post by Despot »

We don't get those over here. I grew up reading Greek Mythology, Conan Doyle and a series of books of folk tales, with titles like Of Goblins and Giants, Of Wizards and Witches, etc, by a female author. I think her name was Elizabeth something or other. Great books, very traditional tellings.
O hai! Ur planets? I eated dem.

KingWill

Post by KingWill »

wolfprophet wrote:BUY?! Pfft. I don't buy books anymore with a source to download them from :P Right now I have something like 700 sci-fi and fantasy novels in PDF format xD Found them all in one nice big torrent file.
awesome. . . and only 12% of those files contain backdoor files for someone to access your computers info.

Ahhhh massive downloads. . . . what fun! what money saving! what!?! my computer has a virus and i have a court date!?!
WTF mate. . . I ain't a red coat!

http://s7.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=122728

RavinPagan

Post by RavinPagan »

Ian Irvine first set of 4 books were amazing , terry pratchett anything by him rocks most of my other books are estoric
"Upon my Oath I'm not a lying man"

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

KingWill wrote:
wolfprophet wrote:BUY?! Pfft. I don't buy books anymore with a source to download them from :P Right now I have something like 700 sci-fi and fantasy novels in PDF format xD Found them all in one nice big torrent file.
awesome. . . and only 12% of those files contain backdoor files for someone to access your computers info.

Ahhhh massive downloads. . . . what fun! what money saving! what!?! my computer has a virus and i have a court date!?!
Your statement might be well founded if I didn't know how to deal with such things. ^_^ I've been downloading using torrent files for six years and was using Limewire and bearshare(Worst programs ever...I had mountains of Viruses then, even with anti-virus software.) for two years before that, so by now I've learned all the little tricks people can try and I'm careful about what I download. No pron for meh(I've probably seen 30% of it by now anyways.) I mostly just get stuff like Rosetta Stone, books and little oddball programs like Speech-to-Text stuff, and of course music that I can't find in stores around here, isn't available in my country or is out of print. Occasionally out of print movies as well and the occasional anime series(Which it's occasional now because two years ago I downloaded 80 series and never deleted them....massive space killer there...650gigs roughly.) All in all it also helps that I download stuff directly to external drives and use a computer that's only for downloading xD The most sensitive password on there is the ones to my BakaBT and Demonoid accounts...like that matters since I change all my passwords every 15 days anyways and reformat my computers every 40 to keep them running nice and fresh so to speak. Flashdrives with all my basic favoured programs makes reinstalling nice and headache free. XD

Edit* Also, Mind you, the FBI is responsible for locating people like me. Right now, they're too busy undermining freedom to come find me.

Battalion

Post by Battalion »

Yikes, 650 gigs sheesh... and reformatting every 40 days? *falls flat on face*

My books are usually fantasy or sci-fi ( I like to alternate between Ben Bova and Timothy Zahn novels) ... when its not those then perhaps espionage (mostly Robert Ludlum)

I'm not sure I can pick out a favorite, heh. Too many good ones to name...

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

Thanks for the input, speaking of espionage I just read The Craft of Intelligence by Allen W. Dulles.

Also, yes, 650 gigs of anime alone on two 500 gig external drives. If you could all my hard drive space between 3 internals, 3 externals and 5 flashdrives, I have 2011 gigs of space. Which is just less than 2 Tb. :P Then again with the way windows reads space on drives, in reality it's closer to only 1700 gigs of space. x_x

KingWill

Post by KingWill »

Use Linux. Or if you have to use windows at least have XP or 7. Just please don't tell me you use Vista.

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

KingWill wrote:Use Linux. Or if you have to use windows at least have XP or 7. Just please don't tell me you use Vista.
...... GOD NO. I use XP Media Edition and I will die using it. My parents have Vista and even though it's not as bad as people say, it's a pretty unfriendly interface if you're used to XP.

Also, I tried Linux once. It interferes with my messenger programs...causes me issues...especially messages not going through and not being received.

KingWill

Post by KingWill »

well are you tring to run msn messenger? Sure it can emulate windows programs like that but Linux isn't designed for that. Install amsn messenger. What version of Linux did you have?

I agree with the Vista isn't as bad as some people say. . . but there still is a good amount of programs that run perfectly on XP, but have trouble or don't even run on Vista.

hahaha. . . not going through and not being recieved. say the same things much? say the same things much?

wolfprophet

Post by wolfprophet »

When I say not going through and not being received, I was meaning more....I can't send out, things sent to me don't show up.